Premed 101 Forums

Current/Former PT student experiences

Wondering if there are any current/past PT or OT students still on the forum that could shed light on their experience in different rehab programs in Ontario and across the country. A lot of first time applicants haven't had the chance to tour schools attend open house or even visit the cities they might end up in. And they probably won't get the chance. Hoping to get more information out there so that we have as much information as possible when it comes time to make a choice. 

Hope to hear from all the rehab  students out there 

2 minutes ago, PeaTea30 said:

I documented my entire 2nd year in PT school at Queen's on my YouTube channel. I also have video interviews with students from other programs in Canada that give a little insight into what each program is like, as well as how they've adjusted their learning during COVID. Check out my video/channel below. Hope it helps.

Fantastic I have been watching for over a year now simply looking for other school perspectives such as mac  and western 

1 hour ago, PeaTea30 said:

Thanks for the support! If you're on IG and want some more perspective on Mac and Western, follow: (1) @mcmasterphysio, and (2) @westernptsc if you don't already.

Absolutely already do and I'm a big fan btw. I'd love if you could answer a few questions. 1. Any plans on interviewing student from other programs in Ontario and 2. Are certain programs better regarded in the eyes of employers. Just trying to have better idea of what programs have to offer. 

(1) Yes, I'll be getting some more students on soon. (2) Nope! Any PT school you go to in Canada will adequately prepare you for work as a physiotherapist. Employers don't look at one school's program as > another school's program. Maybe there are some clinics that just hire grads from one particular program (because that's their preference), but that's very few and far between. Regardless though, getting a job as a PT in Canada is no issue; the unemployment rate for PTs in Canada is approx 0.3%.