Premed 101 Forums

Once invited for the interview and got rejected. Can I apply for a second time and go through the interview again?

Absolutely. My friend applied to a particular medical school in Ontario twice and got rejected pre-interview both time, and then got in the third time. He applied for another school once, got an interview, then next year got rejected pre, and then the year after that got an interview and got in!

Getting into medical school is a numbers game for people with the requisite stats. There is no harm in continuing to try. 

4 minutes ago, Jarisch said:

Absolutely. My friend applied to a particular medical school in Ontario twice and got rejected pre-interview both time, and then got in the third time. He applied for another school once, got an interview, then next year got rejected pre, and then the year after that got an interview and got in!

Getting into medical school is a numbers game for people with the requisite stats. There is no harm in continuing to try. 

Thank you so much for your reply. Assuming you bombed the actual interview, could they use the information you provided in previous interview in your evaluation? For example, if your responses were not ethically well-thought in your previous interview.

YES! Many people interview multiple times. 

My understanding is that each application cycle is separate from the previous one. I know people who received a below average interview one year and then were accepted the next year. 

No one knows exactly what happens if you have get flagged during your interview but I assume/hope this is rare.

FYI, I believe you also get an extra point on your next application for being a re-applicant. 

@Raisin Bran Sorry, but I heard it years ago and cannot remember where from. I seem to remember hearing about an extra point for a Masters/PhD and an extra point if you are a reapplicant. I thought it was from a trustworthy place but honestly it could have been a rumour. You should question sources and be careful believing everything you read on here. 

Only admissions knows what admissions does and it could change year to year!

The UBC Admissions Blog and the UBC Website is going to be your best bet for up to date and factual info. :)