Premed 101 Forums

1 minute ago, mulia said:

Hi! Someone on Monday did inquire with department and they said there has been no movement- however someone who was #3 on the waitlist posted that they are accepting an offer somewhere else. 

Oh wow.. well that puts me at #5 then I suppose! I wonder if we will start seeing movement after the May 29th deadline for ORPAS acceptances.

23 minutes ago, MOT111 said:

I’m surprised there hasn’t been any movement so far, I’m lowkey starting to feel a little stressed now LOL

My friend in the program told me that there were many people who deferred their acceptances last year - so apparently they let in less people this year to account for the deferrals! Such a bummer and seems a little unfair, but it’s the way she goes I guess!

2 hours ago, Justacityboy said:

My friend in the program told me that there were many people who deferred their acceptances last year - so apparently they let in less people this year to account for the deferrals! Such a bummer and seems a little unfair, but it’s the way she goes I guess!

I didn’t know deferrals were an option! Is that a thing they allowed due to covid?

On 5/20/2021 at 1:48 PM, Justacityboy said:

No way, I had no idea! Do you know how many people deferred by any chance. It’s crazy to think that had that not happened, some of us would’ve been accepted this year! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...