Premed 101 Forums

Finally arrived!

Guest Beth

Just received a big envelope from Western with an interview invite and lots of information about the weekend......the envelope was postmarked Feb. 28th. Hope to meet some of you on the 29th of March!

Guest therealcrackers

I spoke with Darla this morning... most of the letters went in the mail late Thursday, so they should be arrived in the next couple of days depending on where in the country you live. Good luck to everyone!

Guest lcloh

Just as a note: included with interview packages are a letter from our Admissions Reps and also a note from a Meds 2006 medical student who is willing to answer your questions by e-mail. Please feel free to e-mail any of them if you have any concerns at all - or simpler yet, just post your concerns on the UWOMeds.com forums at http://www.uwomeds.com/forum and the whole med school can see 'em and potentially help you out.

Cheers!

Guest aneliz

lcloh: your shameless attempt to divert traffic from this site to uwomeds.com is noted....you are a true and loyal minion of the mighty hippo!

Guest PARTY cal

Congrats Beth, great news.

hmmm, so how many days for the mail to travel from Western to Alberta....I really should have something better to think about!! Oh well....I will keep on stalking the mail person.

Good luck to you all.

Guest Chieka

I just got mine. March 30. Who'll be joining me? :P

All the best guys. And yah, visit that website - it's great. (They like Taco Bell - how awesome is that?)

C.

Guest Valani9

Hi - congrats to all.

A quick question. Does anyone know if Western will let me change the date of my interview? I have it on the Saturday, but would really prefer to do it on the Sunday.

Do they give on this, at all?

Cheers.

Guest TimmyMax

Hey,

It shouldn't be a problem so long as you have a decent reason (ie: conflict with another school, sister's wedding, etc.). UWO is very reasonable in this respect. Congratulations and I'll see you soon!

Best of luck!

Timmy

Guest Krish

Hey,

Is the dates assigned to interview candidates totally random or are London applicants (or others from 519) interviewed first (March weekend and people from T.O. and OOP on April)?

Thanks

K

P.S. I know the previous post disproves the latter but I just wanted to get your feedback.

Guest TimmyMax

Hey,

AFAIK, UWO doesn't have distinct weekends to interview OOPs, nor do they have a quota. Your chances as an OOP are exactly the same as if you were an Ontarian. Hope this helps!

Best of luck!

Timmy

Guest doctorfunk

After looking at the letter a little more closely, I was surprised that they mentioned the potential strike. Yikes. Hope it was just for the sake of completeness...

Guest UWOMED2005

Don't worry, the (potential) strike shouldn't affect the interviews. If there is going to be one, it probably won't begin until late April.

Our school year, that's a different story. . . Doh!

Guest lcloh

Aneliz: Hey, you do what you can. I'm only doing it because our good friend MM (hey, we have two MMs in hippo.. i'm referring to the BIG MM) has said that all... well, you read the SAC web policy on admissions too... ;)

Guest aneliz

Yup, I read said policy...and I am compliant with said policy....I am just yanking your chains...need to relieve exam stress somehow!

Guest drews97

It's good to have an interview!!! Is there any difference between the March interviews and the April interviews?? Are those in March considered to be higher ranked or is it random??

Guest aneliz

There is no difference. The interviews are randomly distributed so those that interview in March are no higher ranked then those in April. They are also not done in either alphabetical or geographic order either...it is pure luck of the draw. Don't worry...I interviewed on the second weekend and I got in! Sit back, relax and start preparing. We are all looking forward to meeting you! (Interview weekends look to be some of the best and busiest social weekends for our class this year!) You are guaranteed to have a fabulous time.

:D

Archived