Premed 101 Forums

Ualberta Button Conspiracy

2 minutes ago, Catsandstuff said:

I don’t see it. Brb while I cry if this is real.

I'm panicking because I don't see this. Apparently it's right above the "Forms" section. I pray that this is a glitch, or they aren't done updating everything for the accepted/waitlist.

This is what it says according to people on the forum that have it:

"For most students new to the University of Alberta, a non-refundable tuition deposit is required in order to accept your offer of admission and confirm a spot in your program. Your spot in the program is not confirmed until we receive your payment."

2 minutes ago, amiralangs said:

I'm panicking because I don't see this. Apparently it's right above the "Forms" section. I pray that this is a glitch, or they aren't done updating everything for the accepted/waitlist.

I hope so too, but I’ve been having a bad feeling personally for a while now so idk. 

1 minute ago, Hellocarrot said:

I hope we don't see it because we are not a new student at the U of A. We are going or went to u of a

I was hoping that too! I saw some people on the infamous Red_it blog talking about that. I am a UofA alum, so I was hoping that is update is only for new students so that I could put my mind at ease.

Just now, Hellocarrot said:

I'm alumni myself as well. There are ppl who are going to u of a (4th year) who have this statement. Unless they only excluded alumni, which I believe chances are very slim, maybe it's time for me to prepare for the worst. 

I've been hearing from some 4th year students that are currently at the UofA who have this on launchpad. I also heard from someone that has never went to the UofA that also does not have it. 

I hope this is just a glitch. Like everyone else, I just want to be accepted.

19 minutes ago, amiralangs said:

This is what it says according to people on the forum that have it:

"For most students new to the University of Alberta, a non-refundable tuition deposit is required in order to accept your offer of admission and confirm a spot in your program. Your spot in the program is not confirmed until we receive your payment."

From the looks of it, this is something you would expect to see if you got an offer of admission...

1 minute ago, amiralangs said:

Do any of you think they do it in chunks, like half today, half tomorrow? Or do you think it's all at once?

If it's all at once, I'm failing to understand why emails weren't sent out today.

I'm praying they do it in chunks... but why do it at all is my question

2 minutes ago, IcedTea said:

I'm praying they do it in chunks... but why do it at all is my question

I mean, we don’t actually know what it is yet. Like it’s probably a bad sign but no one has received a letter of confirmation or rejection so we can’t say for certain if this means they got in or if it’s some sort of technology issue. I’m obviously upset, but I’m also going to wait to hear more from the u of a before I get mad about it lol.

23 minutes ago, amiralangs said:

It's not on beartracks, love. It's on launchpad. If you have an iphone, it's right about the "forms" heading.

Okay thank you! oh my, I was panicked lol I am an alumni (several year graduated) and I have the updated message about a tuition deposit for new students.