Premed 101 Forums

May 11th 2021 Countdown/Results

Hey everyone! Figured I’d start a thread since we re getting so close to May 11th. Hoping we can get through the next few days together and notify each other about results emails when they start to come!

how has everyone been doing with the wait and what have you been doing to keep busy?

Hey @Danielle7 thanks for reviving the NOSM threads! They are so much quieter than the other schools, and it's nice to chat with other applicants who are waiting on the same school! I have been very busy with work but when I have free time all I seem to do is check all the forums LOL. Tuesday is coming up fast...

@nishdoc how are you feeling? 

7 minutes ago, mdhopeful26 said:

Hey @Danielle7 thanks for reviving the NOSM threads! They are so much quieter than the other schools, and it's nice to chat with other applicants who are waiting on the same school! I have been very busy with work but when I have free time all I seem to do is check all the forums LOL. Tuesday is coming up fast...

@nishdoc how are you feeling? 

I am  having mixed feelings! NOSM is the only school I applied to so I am feeling quite anxious about Tuesday. I also just had a realization that the decisions are probably made now and idk how to feel about that. 
To cope over the last couple of weeks I decided to completely renovate and repaint my house :lol: good distraction but once I’m not busy it’s all I can think about and always end up back here. 

5 minutes ago, nishdoc said:

I am  having mixed feelings! NOSM is the only school I applied to so I am feeling quite anxious about Tuesday. I also just had a realization that the decisions are probably made now and idk how to feel about that. 
To cope over the last couple of weeks I decided to completely renovate and repaint my house :lol: good distraction but once I’m not busy it’s all I can think about and always end up back here. 

NOSM is also the only school I applied to haha so I can relate! Agreed...decisions have definitely already been made; we are just waiting to hear. That thought makes me anxious lol...

Renovating sounds good! Nice to have something rewarding to keep you busy :) 

5 minutes ago, mdhopeful26 said:

NOSM is also the only school I applied to haha so I can relate! Agreed...decisions have definitely already been made; we are just waiting to hear. That thought makes me anxious lol...

Renovating sounds good! Nice to have something rewarding to keep you busy :) 

I’ll be really upset if I get rejected again, but at this point I just want an answer so I can implement my back up plan. The waiting is the worst. 
How are you doing? 

28 minutes ago, nishdoc said:

I’ve been feeling the same way!! So strange to think about the fact that the decisions are already made and the emails already ready to be sent out with our names on them... I’ve been trying to find distractions as well, but nothing speeds up time as much as I wish it could!

18 minutes ago, nishdoc said:

I’ll be really upset if I get rejected again, but at this point I just want an answer so I can implement my back up plan. The waiting is the worst. 
How are you doing? 

I also agree with wanting to know so we can either prepare or move on... this is my second year applying (NOSM only) and it feels like I’ve been waiting since 2019 :(

On 5/8/2021 at 11:59 AM, nishdoc said:

How are you doing? 

I'm maybe doing a little better than last year?! Hard to tell...I just want an answer LOL. My current plans do not change if I don't get in, so at least that's good...just keep doing what I am already doing!

So far a couple people have gotten an offer from NOSM on OMSAS. (Including Plastics96 who I remember from over the years, I’m so happy for you!!!!)

I don’t currently have anything on OMSAS or via email....so bracing myself for another R. :( This is my 3rd year applying and interviewing. I thought I did fantastic in the interview and got really good responses from the assessors. I really thought I might’ve had it this time too with a Masters boost. *sigh* good luck everyone :)

5 minutes ago, Cookiejar said:

So far a couple people have gotten an offer from NOSM on OMSAS. (Including Plastics96 who I remember from over the years, I’m so happy for you!!!!)

I don’t currently have anything on OMSAS or via email....so bracing myself for another R. :( This is my 3rd year applying and interviewing. I thought I did fantastic in the interview and got really good responses from the assessors. I really thought I might’ve had it this time too with a Masters boost. *sigh* good luck everyone :)

I also checked OMSAS and nothing, and no email yet I also think I am in the rejected club again. Good luck everyone! 

21 minutes ago, Cookiejar said:

I have nothing on omsas. I was waitlisted last year... not feeling very hopeful. We’ll see what happens in the next little while. 

3 minutes ago, Northernontariogirl said:

I just got my email at 8:24 - rejected. 

Same here. 8:24 and rejected.

</3 After 3 years I can't believe it, I don't know what I'm doing so wrong and I'm so heartbroken. Congratulations to you guys that got in, especially those multiple applicants!! :) 

Does anyone else’s offer have a conditional line saying something along the lines of sending a transcript to OMSAS by June 30th for additional university courses? 

just wondering because I’m in some additional post undergrad courses and some don’t end until July.