Premed 101 Forums

Atlantic Bridge 2022 Cycle

2 minutes ago, paris said:

I applied via Atlantic Bridge twice already this is my 3rd time. Been ghosted both times, didn’t get a letter of rejection either. So I’m not expecting anything. I have been looking for another place to apply from. But I think this will be my last try. 

That’s quite surprising! Have you followed up with AB as to why you never got a rejection? 

Just now, gingerdentist said:

I just called and they said between 10-20 spots were given XD

Wow, when I called they said they couldn't tell me, then via email my admissions officer said 19. Idk what to believe anymore but it's very strange because no one from these groups seems to have gotten in, I could be mistaken though. 

1 minute ago, flossboss97 said:

Wow, when I called they said they couldn't tell me, then via email my admissions officer said 19. Idk what to believe anymore but it's very strange because no one from these groups seems to have gotten in, I could be mistaken though. 

kinda strange for 20/30 of the spots to be given that quick no?

7 minutes ago, PreDentalEm said:

That’s quite surprising! Have you followed up with AB as to why you never got a rejection? 

Yes they said I have been placed on “reserve” and my application is still open. Which is kind of confusing because then I would expect a rejection letter by the time classes start. But they wouldn’t send anything. 

Just now, flossboss97 said:

I’m honestly not sure what to believe haha. Like even past years forums have been equally confusing. Hopefully someone here will get an offer soon so we know for sure! 

1 minute ago, paris said:

Yes they said I have been placed on “reserve” and my application is still open. Which is kind of confusing because then I would expect a rejection letter by the time classes start. But they wouldn’t send anything. 

Yeah that’s how I would’ve expected it to play out too. I guess they think if schools started you know you didn’t get it but it would still be nice to know from them.

3 minutes ago, gingerdentist said:

kinda strange for 20/30 of the spots to be given that quick no?

That's what I was thinking but it's also first round so it makes sense if it's a larger number. I also heard there are more spots for the 5 year program and this was said before they even cancelled the 4 year, and more spots available now because of that as well..so I mean maybe there are just double the amount of spots this year therefore they started early? Fingers crossed and hoping for the best

1 minute ago, flossboss97 said:

That's what I was thinking but it's also first round so it makes sense if it's a larger number. I also heard there are more spots for the 5 year program and this was said before they even cancelled the 4 year, and more spots available now because of that as well..so I mean maybe there are just double the amount of spots this year therefore they started early? Fingers crossed and hoping for the best

Wow ok that’s great to hear that there’s potentially more spots. My admissions officer just said that the same number of spots are available but I have no idea if she was referring to the number that would’ve been the 4 year or what. 

3 minutes ago, PreDentalEm said:

Wow ok that’s great to hear that there’s potentially more spots. My admissions officer just said that the same number of spots are available but I have no idea if she was referring to the number that would’ve been the 4 year or what. 

Ah when I heard about the 4 year program being cancelled, I then heard that there would be the same number of seats from any previous years (that the seats from the 4 year would carry to the 5 year). Then again with AB, idk if I'm getting the right information but I really hope this is the case and considering how early offers got sent out, it sounds like the most likely one. Does anyone know how many spots there were for the 4 year program in previous years? 

3 minutes ago, flossboss97 said:

Ah when I heard about the 4 year program being cancelled, I then heard that there would be the same number of seats from any previous years (that the seats from the 4 year would carry to the 5 year). Then again with AB, idk if I'm getting the right information but I really hope this is the case and considering how early offers got sent out, it sounds like the most likely one. Does anyone know how many spots there were for the 4 year program in previous years? 

Yeah when I asked my admissions officer, she said the same number of spots would remain. So the four year spots would just get shifted over to 5 year spots. Also, I was thinking, after looking at some previous years forums, maybe it takes time for the offers to get sent out but they have already selected 20 people? Because in a previous forum the officer told someone that first rounds went out, but no one in the chat received an offer until one-two weeks later. Maybe thats a case? 

1 minute ago, bambi0714 said:

Yeah when I asked my admissions officer, she said the same number of spots would remain. So the four year spots would just get shifted over to 5 year spots. Also, I was thinking, after looking at some previous years forums, maybe it takes time for the offers to get sent out but they have already selected 20 people? Because in a previous forum the officer told someone that first rounds went out, but no one in the chat received an offer until one-two weeks later. Maybe thats a case? 

Thank you for confirming that! And okay, that's very reassuring, there's likely still offers to go out for first round, because I know it goes from the school, to AB, and then to students. We're good, best of luck to everyone :)

22 minutes ago, bambi0714 said:

Well I’m going with this logic as it will definitely help my current impatient state hahaha. Who knows, maybe we all got offers just haven’t received the email yet. Fingers crossed! 

2 hours ago, PreDentalEm said:

Well I’m going with this logic as it will definitely help my current impatient state hahaha. Who knows, maybe we all got offers just haven’t received the email yet. Fingers crossed! 

the officer today told me the next round of offers will be sent out in one month... I guess we'll have to be patient until then

I emailed asking as well and another question, the admissions officer told me for UCC there’s only 16 seats total available and wouldn’t tell me how many seats were offered this round? This is so confusing that they’re telling us all different information lol 

Also in the same email my admissions officer advised me that I now have a new admissions officer? Has anyone else experienced this?! 

13 hours ago, mysteriousdino said:

I emailed asking as well and another question, the admissions officer told me for UCC there’s only 16 seats total available and wouldn’t tell me how many seats were offered this round? This is so confusing that they’re telling us all different information lol 

Also in the same email my admissions officer advised me that I now have a new admissions officer? Has anyone else experienced this?! 

Ahh this misinformation from them is so frustrating and anxiety-inducing, idk what to believe anymore :(