Premed 101 Forums

Atlantic Bridge 2022 Cycle

6 hours ago, bambi0714 said:

Hey guys, no one in the group received any offers still?

AB is all over the place. One advisor is saying offers were made, another is saying no offers were made. I have concluded that it was solely Euro offers that were made, because one advisor stated 'UCC will be evaluating international offers in the coming weeks' I really think they're just majorly misinformed and considering no one in these forums/chats are coming forward, I think it's safe to assume offers weren't made or sent to students yet, crossing fingers that this is the case at least! 

1 hour ago, flossboss97 said:

AB is all over the place. One advisor is saying offers were made, another is saying no offers were made. I have concluded that it was solely Euro offers that were made, because one advisor stated 'UCC will be evaluating international offers in the coming weeks' I really think they're just majorly misinformed and considering no one in these forums/chats are coming forward, I think it's safe to assume offers weren't made or sent to students yet, crossing fingers that this is the case at least! 

I really hope that is the case. Are there other forums for people applying through AB? I am quite surprised there hasn’t been a single person say they’ve received an offer. Here is what my advisor said

“UCC dentistry has issued their first round of offers. Depending on the uptake in offers, subsequent rounds will follow until all seats have been filled. There are roughly 20 spots available for UCC’s 5 year program this year. In past years, there have been less than 10.”

Found in the Atlantic Bridge FAQ:

"The admissions process is ongoing; there is no specific date by which final decisions will be made. The first offers are usually issued in late March/early April each year, and the last can be issued as late as August."

"If you have not received an offer by the end of May, your application is considered to be “on reserve.” The schools will not notify you that your application is on reserve. Until you receive either an offer or a regret letter, your application is active."

I hope the international offers haven't happened yet, and they will be late march/early april. Either way, we aren't "on reserve" yet because we haven't been notified.

15 minutes ago, Triwiz said:

Found in the Atlantic Bridge FAQ:

"The admissions process is ongoing; there is no specific date by which final decisions will be made. The first offers are usually issued in late March/early April each year, and the last can be issued as late as August."

"If you have not received an offer by the end of May, your application is considered to be “on reserve.” The schools will not notify you that your application is on reserve. Until you receive either an offer or a regret letter, your application is active."

I hope the international offers haven't happened yet, and they will be late march/early april. Either way, we aren't "on reserve" yet because we haven't been notified.

ohh ok! Hopefully thats the case and we start getting offers soon! 

So they wont tell us even if we are "on reserve" I guess? And I guess we just wait for either an offer or a regret letter till August

36 minutes ago, bambi0714 said:

ohh ok! Hopefully thats the case and we start getting offers soon! 

So they wont tell us even if we are "on reserve" I guess? And I guess we just wait for either an offer or a regret letter till August

It looks like we can get an "on reserve" note by the end of May if we haven't got an offer or regret yet.

10 minutes ago, HopefulDentalStudent said:

Has anyone requested a "status update" on their application from their advisor? If so, does anyone know what they normally tell you when they ask? 

I have. I just receive the basic 'you have not received a letter of acceptance nor a letter of regret therefore your application is active until otherwise stated' response!

On 3/15/2022 at 11:27 AM, flossboss97 said:

I have. I just receive the basic 'you have not received a letter of acceptance nor a letter of regret therefore your application is active until otherwise stated' response!

Yeah they told me the same thing and that UCC second rounds will go out in roughly one month, and TCD first rounds go out late March-early April! Its crazy how no one in this chat received anything yet!

14 hours ago, bambi0714 said:

Yeah they told me the same thing and that UCC second rounds will go out in roughly one month, and TCD first rounds go out late March-early April! Its crazy how no one in this chat received anything yet!

I think just given the fact that no one in these forums/discords has gotten anything, first round could not have been released. Especially given how early it was too, just my thoughts though! 

43 minutes ago, Dentmagician said:

I have now received an offer from UCC Dent. Seeking some feedback from a current student at UCC BDS or anyone on studying at UCC? In terms of early clinic exposure, studying and/or practising implants, Orthodontic etc.

Congrats. Just wondering when exactly you received ur offer.

3 hours ago, Dentmagician said:

I have also received an offer from IMU-PDS (Malaysia) and have to choose between UCC or IMU-PDS, where I can finish the degree in either Canada, UK or Australia. Any suggestions friends?

Congratulations! UCC does have a reciprocal agreement with Canada. As for Australia, I'm not too sure, that's something you could find on Australia's dental association website perhaps? 

1 hour ago, Dentmagician said:

Thanks.
Just needing some feedback on quality of education to compare with, in terms of early and more hands-on/practical experience at UCC and IMU-PDS as they both can eventually get anyone to practice in Canada.

I'm not too sure about IMU-PDS but UCC I believe is very clinical heavy, clinic starts in the second year for the five year program. Also, there's the distance aspect to consider if you are from Asia (being away from home). If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats? 

6 hours ago, Dentmagician said:

I have also received an offer from IMU-PDS (Malaysia) and have to choose between UCC or IMU-PDS, where I can finish the degree in either Canada, UK or Australia. Any suggestions friends?

Congrats on your offer! Did you apply through Atlantic bridge? Also you say you finish your degree elsewhere, does that mean you have to apply to a other school? Does that give you the ability to work in that country?

Canada has a reciprocity agreement with Ireland, Australia (not all schools) and New Zealand so provided you do your schooling in one of those places you should be able to work in any of those countries. If your goal is to move to one of those countries to work in future then it’s probably worth some further investigation. 

How I read the UCC website, you get an intro to clinical skills in the second year but you don’t actually start clinic until the 3rd year. I’m not 100% sure on this but it definitely says you don’t pay anything for use of the facilities until your 3rd year. 

Hope that helps and again congratulations! 

Thank you all.
It would be great to have more feedback on the IMU-PDS, being closer to home of course. Tution fees are more or less same with UCC.
They have an arrangement with Glasgow, Dundee Unis in the UK and with Dalhousie in Canada. So, you complete the 2.5 years course in Malaysia and then get moved to either of above three Unis to earn your degree from there. I understand Canada and UK do not have a reciprocal agreement as such but Ireland has with everyone at this stage.
Please correct me, if wrong.
Also, apologies as can not share my stats here.