Premed 101 Forums

Atlantic Bridge 2022 Cycle

40 minutes ago, bambi0714 said:

Congratulations!! Do you mind sharing your stats so we can get an idea of what AB was looking for? Thanks in advance!!

Thanks! I honestly have no idea what they look for but I have a 3.9 GPA. Not sure what other stats I can share since the DAT isn’t required so it’s mainly personal statement and resume. If you have any other specific questions let me know

5 minutes ago, Dentstu said:

Thanks! I honestly have no idea what they look for but I have a 3.9 GPA. Not sure what other stats I can share since the DAT isn’t required so it’s mainly personal statement and resume. If you have any other specific questions let me know

Congratulations!! Are you coming from an undergrad or masters, and from what program? And what were your general ECs? :) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Got an interview invite from Queens University! I was super excited to hear this but recently I found out that Queens university is not under the reciprocity agreement with the Canadian dental board. Is this true? :( 

This is what it says on the Atlantic bridge Queens webpage: "Queen’s University Belfast is not a participant in the reciprocity agreement between the Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada (CDAC) and the Dental Council of Ireland." 

Am I understanding this correctly? 

1 hour ago, Edith said:

Got an interview invite from Queens University! I was super excited to hear this but recently I found out that Queens university is not under the reciprocity agreement with the Canadian dental board. Is this true? :( 

This is what it says on the Atlantic bridge Queens webpage: "Queen’s University Belfast is not a participant in the reciprocity agreement between the Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada (CDAC) and the Dental Council of Ireland." 

Am I understanding this correctly? 

Yes this is correct. Given that Queens is in Northern Ireland (and therefore part of the UK) it’s not surprising it is not under the reciprocity agreement as there is no agreement with the UK. The CDAC website lists all programs and schools under the reciprocity agreement.

40 minutes ago, PreDentalEm said:

Yes this is correct. Given that Queens is in Northern Ireland (and therefore part of the UK) it’s not surprising it is not under the reciprocity agreement as there is no agreement with the UK. The CDAC website lists all programs and schools under the reciprocity agreement.

I see! Thank you for conforming this.

Where can I find the schools with a reciprocity agreement with Canada? 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, has anyone heard anything back lately? I’ve emailed my admissions officer and was informed that QUB sent out their offers already. UCC and TCD should send their final decisions in the coming weeks. I haven’t heard back :( good luck to everyone ! 

8 hours ago, tuqi23 said:

Hey guys, has anyone heard anything back lately? I’ve emailed my admissions officer and was informed that QUB sent out their offers already. UCC and TCD should send their final decisions in the coming weeks. I haven’t heard back :( good luck to everyone ! 

I thought UCC and TCD had already sent out all of their offers and it was just a wait to see if someone gives up their spot. I’m hoping you’re right and they still haven’t made final decisions! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...