Premed 101 Forums

Reference Contacted

12 hours ago, Demp said:

I think if your references have been contacted it should say completed in your application portal. Thats what I  heard

I'm not sure if this is true, one of mine told me they were contacted yesterday and the status didn't change in my portal.

Last name starts with N

36 minutes ago, letsdomedicine said:

Interesting! I think they are contacting DSSAP and OOP references first. Once they have that sorted, they might start IP

five  of my IP friends got their references contacted over the last two weeks. And their last name range from A to N

25 minutes ago, Demp said:
1 hour ago, letsdomedicine said:

Interesting! I think they are contacting DSSAP and OOP references first. Once they have that sorted, they might start IP

five  of my IP friends got their references contacted over the last two weeks. And their last name range from A to N

i wish they were more transparent with the process

19 hours ago, PlayerBubb7360 said:

2 so far! 3rd one hasn't replied my email yet so might or might not be 3. (Doesn't say complete or anything on my app though)

Does anyone know if the # of refs contacted is indicative of anything?

Not necessarily. In the past, they have only typically contacted 2 refs for each applicant. Sometimes they contact a 3rd if there were discrepancies between the first two refs. Although, sometimes people have all 3 contacted if they find one of the refs is not an "adequate" ref, like if someone put down a ref outside of work/volunteer/academics or if one of the refs is able to be contacted but doesn't want to give a reference for whatever reason (sometimes refs get sick or worse and cannot give one). It's hard to really know why they sometimes do only 2 vs 3. I wouldn't read into it much.