Premed 101 Forums

2021/2022 Waitlist Party!

So I just went through the blog posts from last year’s waitlist movement and it seems that they consistently sent waitlist offers on the next business day following the due date of each offer round. So next wave of offers should be tomorrow. Where are people seeing historical info showing offers go out the same day as the due date?

1 hour ago, Fig Tree said:

So I just went through the blog posts from last year’s waitlist movement and it seems that they consistently sent waitlist offers on the next business day following the due date of each offer round. So next wave of offers should be tomorrow. Where are people seeing historical info showing offers go out the same day as the due date?

If you check earlier years' dates, some years UBC did send out offer the same day.

Nothing for me, IP, beyond devastated.

Can we share our stats here, I am trying to figure out what is it that i need to improve, I suspect it is my MCAT that has gotten me waitlisted. I start with myself. 

GPA: 90.5%

MCAT: 510

EC: I would say in the 50 - 75 % otherwise I wouldn't get an interview.

Interview: I believe it was average, I think I wouldn't be waitlisted if it was below average.

Can you guys take a moment and share, this helps us to hopefully see patterns and find the areas we need to work for the future. And can you also mention if you are rural or OOP applicant? Thanks

14 minutes ago, FF20 said:

Nothing for me, IP, beyond devastated.

Can we share our stats here, I am trying to figure out what is it that i need to improve, I suspect it is my MCAT that has gotten me waitlisted. I start with myself. 

GPA: 90.5%

EC: I would say in the 50 - 75 % otherwise I wouldn't get an interview.

Interview: I believe it was average, I think I wouldn't be waitlisted if it was below average.

Can you guys take a moment and share, this helps us to hopefully see patterns and find the areas we need to work for the future. And can you also mention if you are rural or OOP applicant? Thanks

Our stats are very similar. IP here too. Still in WL.

GPA: ~90

EC: should be >50%, last year I got 50-75%.

Interview: no idea. 

Accepted off WL as IP! This was totally unexpected. I had given up all hope. Third time applicant: WL, Rejection, Accepted!

I'm as non-traditional as they come. PM for more info, but stats were ~87 GPA, 510 MCAT, and above average on both interviews and ECs the past two years.

Hang in there people. If someone with as weird a background as mine can make it, so can any one with enough time and determination!

27 minutes ago, razzmatazz said:

Accepted off WL as IP! This was totally unexpected. I had given up all hope. Third time applicant: WL, Rejection, Accepted!

I'm as non-traditional as they come. PM for more info, but stats were ~87 GPA, 510 MCAT, and above average on both interviews and ECs the past two years.

Hang in there people. If someone with as weird a background as mine can make it, so can any one with enough time and determination!

Congratulations!! Gosh, what a ride it was for you :lol:

40 minutes ago, razzmatazz said:

Congratulations, all the best to you, you deserve it. :)

23 minutes ago, soccermed123 said:

IP as well and exact same stats as you both. Unsure if I should rewrite my MCAT?

I think 510 is good enough to gain admission if it's coupled with a strong interview. Perhaps wait until you get to see your interview score after the R (though I hope you get in this cycle). If it's below average-average, then maybe that's something to improve on instead. But of course, increasing your mcat score would only help you:)

Still on WL as OOP :( For me, I think it would be healthiest to move on, as opposed to holding on to the glimmer of hope...

MCAT: 508 

GPA: 11.8/12 McMaster scale (idk how to convert but between 90-100%)

EC: equal or above the 63 cutoff

Interview: I didn't feel that good so maybe average or below average from a pessimistic perspective

IP still on WL

GPA: 84%

MCAT: 511

NAQ: Last year 75-100 (had additional publication and experience for this cycle)

Interview: Last year above average

It seems like my GPA has really been my detriment. I did a masters abroad and got distinction standing but the program grading scale converted so poorly that it dropped my AGPA nearly 3%. That program was the most formative of any academic experience for me, but who knows, maybe it nudged me out of a med school seat?

Grade conversion when studying outside CA/US systems is something people should be mindful of if the grades will be used on any future program applications.

Best of luck for everyone still on the WL!

13 hours ago, Fig Tree said:

I’m waitlisted with a 507 — anyone else have low mcat scores?

Mine is 510, also on the lower side. I am more interested to see if anyone is in WL with a high mcat score. Seems like stats posted above all have below average MCAT... Makes me worried, I don't want to retake this damn test

I'm OOP - 514 MCAT. I'm not really sure how to do the GPA conversion...but I'm guessing somewhere around 95%? (4.329/4.500 from UWinnipeg). I don't know my NAQ score either, but I have a few publications (first author) and I was involved in several clubs back in undergrad. I'm a non-trad so it's been a few years since I graduated, so my options to do things around campus are fairly limited - not sure if that impacted my NAQ. I felt the interview went well, but once again, there' no way to tell...I'm still on the waitlist so who knows.

I already started studying for the MCAT again in case I don't hear anything. I'm not sure what the average movement on the WL is, how many OOP spots have already been filled, where any of us is on the WL, or whether I should just move on. I'm sure we're all in the same boat of waiting for each wave every week. We'll just have to wait! I hope things work out for us :D