Premed 101 Forums

2021/2022 Waitlist Party!

Hello. Did people get an email from ubc regarding transcripts yesterday? Was it addressed to all accepted/waitlisted applicants or just applicants who are have taken coursework this past year? I’m wondering if the fact that I did not receive that email means I have been cut from the waitlist.

35 minutes ago, Fig Tree said:

Hello. Did people get an email from ubc regarding transcripts yesterday? Was it addressed to all accepted/waitlisted applicants or just applicants who are have taken coursework this past year? I’m wondering if the fact that I did not receive that email means I have been cut from the waitlist.

I was wondering the same thing. I did submit my transcript already, but did not receive the email. So I’m not sure if they were sending emails only to those that didn’t submit one or sending only to those that would remain on the waitlist.

11 minutes ago, all_in said:

I was wondering the same thing. I did submit my transcript already, but did not receive the email. So I’m not sure if they were sending emails only to those that didn’t submit one or sending only to those that would remain on the waitlist.

I imagine they only sent an email to those who they haven't received a final transcript for. I didn't receive the email, so I checked my OAS and it says received for my final transcripts. It might have been an automated email sent to all those with status 'not received'? Probably nothing to read into.

27 minutes ago, litty said:

anyone else losing their mind waiting for round 5 and refreshing the ubc med blog page lol

Yep!! I wonder why this round has been delayed, last year they released it a day after the Round 4 acceptance/decline deadline passed. They’re definitely going to shorten the waitlist this round (based on previous year), so I wonder if that process is what’s taking longer. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello fellow hopeful waitlisters,

I’m a bit late to this party as I am actually no longer on the waitlist. I received my offer for NMP on the 4th round on June 7, very unexpectedly!!! It is my first application cycle so I’m not sure where I ranked in everything. I did not have a super high gpa from undergrad (around 82%) but I am just finishing up a course based masters program with a 3.92 (maybe that helped?). I have been working for a while in academics as well as in health care and have pretty solid (in my opinion) volunteer experience as a firefighter- both structural and wildfire. My mcat score, the 4th time, was a 502, but I showed improvement each time which I’ve heard is something they look for. I honestly felt like I bombed the mmi…but felt a lot better about the northern/rural interview.  
Grades and mcat score are not the only things that matter! I have a little bit of guilt because I know there are so many deserving people who will make wonderful doctors still on the waitlist. Don’t give up! If it’s your dream, you’ll make it happen! 

Accepted an offer today from Vancouver-Fraser! Feels surreal to be even writing this. I had been making plans for things to fill my gap year and had given up on this cycle so todays email came as quite a shock. Feeling incredibility lucky and privileged to be at this place. 

IP application (non-rural) first application cycle 

MCAT: 510 (129/125/127/129)

GPA: kinesiology 90.8%

NAQ: I felt that this was the strongest part of my application with lots of leadership and diverse experience. Message me for any questions about writing entries! 

Interview felt average but enjoyed the experience overall. 

14 hours ago, soccermed123 said:

Accepted an offer today from Vancouver-Fraser (my 5th choice)! Feels surreal to be even writing this. I had been making plans for things to fill my gap year and had given up on this cycle so todays email came as quite a shock. Feeling incredibility lucky and privileged to be at this place. 

IP application (non-rural) first application cycle 

MCAT: 510 (129/125/127/129)

GPA: kinesiology 90.8%

NAQ: I felt that this was the strongest part of my application with lots of leadership and diverse experience. Message me for any questions about writing entries! 

Interview felt average but enjoyed the experience overall. 

Congrats! Weird that UBC sent offers but did not post anything on the blog. First time seeing this.

I asked UBC MD and this is their reply "Thank you for reaching out. We generally post regrets once the first week of classes has begun, in this case it would be late August." 

So I guess there is no waitlist shortening this year. Can't believe they just keep you wait this long. 

• 4 weeks later...