Premed 101 Forums

2021/2022 Waitlist Party!

IP still on WL

First time applying so everything is estimates

AGPA: Probably around 87.7 (unsure cuz of covid)

MCAT: 516

NAQ: Probably either 50-75 or 75-100 (prob wouldnt interview without that)

Interview: Thought it went okay actually, I know I had 2-3 stations where it was kinda a shit show, but otherwise I thought i did decently (guess not tho :( )

Fingers crossed tho, can only hope for the best 

IP on Waitlist 

GPA: Approx. 88%

MCAT: 516

Interview: Felt quite decent about it (never know though)

NAQ: Regret with 25-50 last year (no interview), so I am assuming maybe 50-75 this time? However, I think my NAQ may be holding me back, as my work experience and research experience sections were completely blank. I have been working for about a year now but was unable to capture that on my application as I started my job on June 1st, and you can only add activities up until June 1st. Similarly, I was unable to capture any research activities as they occurred June -July last year. 

I know being on the Waitlist is challenging as we wait for the next round of offers each week, but we still got this far guys! I have no doubt that all the individuals on this forum would make great physicians, its only a matter of time! One way or another, we will make it. Stay positive everyone :) 

Hey hey! I acknowledge that the waiting is rough, and it’s easy to get into the doomsaying mindset, but I feel it’s important to acknowledge that being on the waitlist can also be seen as still having a chance. Perhaps tomorrow’s wave will have the highest chance of getting people invited, but please try to keep in mind that invites continue to go out at least until mid July. Hope for the best, but plan for the worst :) and good luck to everyone! 

37 minutes ago, MedApe102 said:

Hey all, I know how hard waiting is!! I was fortunate to get into both an Ontario school and UBC off the waitlist. I have decided to stay in Ontario so will be declining my OOP acceptance to UBC. Good luck and hopefully I will make somebody's day :) 

Thanks for letting us know MedApe!! Hopefully someone’s day (YEAR) is made here

Hey guys I thought I’d share that I got off the waitlist today - VFMP! I’m still in shock and I can’t believe it happened! 
For stats, I’m OOP and 514 on mcat. Can’t say my GPA/NAQ since I don’t know the conversion from the institutions I attended to UBC’s scale. 
I have my fingers crossed for you all <3 

6 hours ago, Fig Tree said:

Yayyy congrats!!! Do you mind sharing yours stats for us hopefuls? :)

Of course. I'm a non-trad re-applicant and I've been working for a long time!

MCAT - very low, between 504-507 (hidden for privacy). This is the main reason I was super shocked to get an offer.

GPA - 91%

EC - 75-100 percentile (from last year).

Interview - I thought they went well compared to last year. 

Fingers crossed for everyone still on the waitlist. Good luck!! <3

15 hours ago, mdgoals said:

Of course. I'm a non-trad re-applicant and I've been working for a long time!

MCAT - very low, between 504-507 (hidden for privacy). This is the main reason I was super shocked to get an offer.

GPA - 91%

EC - 75-100 percentile (from last year).

Interview - I thought they went well compared to last year. 

Fingers crossed for everyone still on the waitlist. Good luck!! <3

Woohoo! Great to hear of a fellow low-mcat success story :) though, I’m sure the rest of you application is exceptional!

Still on WL.

Last year for Round 5, there was a waitlist shortening (some people will receive their regrets, other still kept on the waitlist for the last few spots). Seeing as round 5 is next week, I wonder if the waitlist will be shortened then?

Hang in there everyone

Still on WL as well.

I think this is the right time to move on. It's unhealthy hoping for an acceptance at this point. Hope that by the end of this cycle, some of us here can get together and practice for interviews. We all know first-hand how difficult the wait is, and no one wants to go through this process again. It's so incredible that we made it this far. Hoping for the best for everyone here, and let's all keep in touch:)