Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2023 Cycle

3 hours ago, PT.marco said:

Guys why are you stressing over the video responses. Video responses are just for a pilot study. Those aren't included in your score that gets sent off to schools (only the 9 written responses at the start of the test are).

I actually didn’t know that but thank you :lol: I couldn’t find that info on the website but I’m relieved now haha. 

I did my CASPer back in October and the video responses were ok but my webcam cut out mid way through so that stressed me out and I had to try and fix it while answering questions. Just do your best! It seems like everyone is getting a lower score this year, myself included getting 3rd as opposed to 4th last year, but I don’t think schools weigh it very heavily depending on your other aspects of your application. I know people who have been accepted into schools who have received 2nd quartile. 

23 minutes ago, PT.marco said:

Do you know which schools accepted those with a 2nd quartile? Because I know that for Western for ex once the top 300 applications are reviewed, a low casper score immediately screens out an applicant

I’m not sure exactly which schools but I’m assuming ones like UofA where they take in more factors for their considerations like GPA, letter of intent and references. 

1 hour ago, PT.marco said:

Do you know which schools accepted those with a 2nd quartile? Because I know that for Western for ex once the top 300 applications are reviewed, a low casper score immediately screens out an applicant

I know for Western PT they only take students with casper score above average, but for OT they only said "competitive score", and they consider it along with your gpa so I think casper will be less important.

7 hours ago, PT.marco said:

1st year Western PT student here. There are people in my class that got a 2nd quartile Casper score so don’t be too discouraged if you received that!

1 hour ago, OT applicant said:

So are the video responses definatly not being taken into account in our score ? The video responses I felt were terrible .

Okay so from what I've read the video response grade will only be sent to some schools who sre early adopters of the video casper. Altus does not tell us which school and which programs are early adapters though. But other than that, I read the casper score is based on the written sections only! I hope that helps

53 minutes ago, OTHope9 said:

I straight up said sorry at the end of one of my video responses because I blanked so bad lol. The videos ended up not being too bad for me. I always overthink after the test but feeling relieved it’s done! 

I did that too omg I felt like 10 seconds to read a question were not enough at all. Other than that the written were okayish. I wasn't able to reread any of my answers because I didn't have time so I'm hoping what I wrote was okay, fingers crossed we all do okay!

2 hours ago, USUndergrad said:

did anyone else feel like the scenarios were easier to answer then compared to other casper exams? i took casper last year and some of the scenarios i was like ???? but this year i had actually experienced some of them in my own life.

I remember the time capsule question and I literally couldn’t come up with anything :lol: honestly don’t know how I ended up with 3rd quartile score last year 

5 hours ago, inshallahpt said:

Asalamualikum y’all, I heard that this year due to recession or something that there are less applicants this year, anyone know if that’s true? It would explain the lack of forum engagement compared to previous years

I heard so too but then mcmaster just released their applicant # and it was 1,371 (the highest its been in years)

On 1/10/2023 at 3:25 PM, 1896528 said:

I know for Western PT they only take students with casper score above average, but for OT they only said "competitive score", and they consider it along with your gpa so I think casper will be less important.

Hey, Im in first year Western OT right now and unfortunately no one in the program has a score below 3rd quartile. Everyone who was accepted right away had a 4th quartile, and we have a few individuals who got in off the waitlist with a 3rd quartile, but Western is very competitive with their Casper score for both PT and OT

29 minutes ago, Otapplicant22 said:

Hey, Im in first year Western OT right now and unfortunately no one in the program has a score below 3rd quartile. Everyone who was accepted right away had a 4th quartile, and we have a few individuals who got in off the waitlist with a 3rd quartile, but Western is very competitive with their Casper score for both PT and OT

That defiantly makes me nervous .What was your gpa when you applied ?

20 hours ago, Otapplicant22 said:

Thank you for sharing that! Now I'm scared lol hopefully my casper turns out good