Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2023 Cycle

Hey everyone! Congratulations to all those who received acceptances a few months back!

I graduated from McMaster PT in 2022 and have a bunch of textbooks and a Mac PT lab shirt available including: 

1 shirt, maroon, size small 

Cardiorespiratory physiotherapy: adults and pediatrics (88$ on amazon)

Dutton's orthopedic examination, evaluation, and intervention (5th Ed) ($100+ on amazon)

Neuroanatomy through clinical cases (2nd Ed) ($85+ on amazon)

Rehabilitation research: principles and applications ($85 on Amazon)

Is this change real? Interpreting patient outcomes in physical therapy ($30 on amazon)

BONUS for unit 3 cardioresp exam practice: ECG workout: exercises in arrhythmia interpretation (2nd Ed) ($20 on Amazon)

The program has required readings in all (except the bonus) textbook and are often tested.

I'm happy to offer these for $200. Please message me if you are interested :)

On 3/24/2023 at 3:59 PM, HopefulPT2024 said:

Hey everyone! Current McMaster PT student here :)

I just wanted to say that last year I didn't receive a CAP invite for U of T and assumed that meant that I was not going to be accepted anywhere. But I ended up getting accepted to McMaster, Western, and Queens for PT. So, I know it's hard and disappointing to get a rejection but don't give up hope yet!

Also if anyone has any questions about McMasters PT program let me know :) 

All the best as you go through the long waiting process. Offer day will come before you know it!

Awesome, 

Is it possible to connect via zoom? I applied for the 2023-2024 cycle and got waitlisted for Mac, but unfortunately didn't get in this year. My SubGPa is 3.75 and I scored 4th quartile on the Casper. I also scored a bit below average for the kira talent interview unfortunately (around 3.6/5) I was wondering if I could get tips on how to excel on the kira talent interview ? Thank you immensely in advance!

15 hours ago, StephanieCofles said:

Awesome, 

Is it possible to connect via zoom? I applied for the 2023-2024 cycle and got waitlisted for Mac, but unfortunately didn't get in this year. My SubGPa is 3.75 and I scored 4th quartile on the Casper. I also scored a bit below average for the kira talent interview unfortunately (around 3.6/5) I was wondering if I could get tips on how to excel on the kira talent interview ? Thank you immensely in advance!

Hello, Just wondering how did you get your score for the Kira talent? 

Did you email Mac about it?

Thanks

Hey everyone, just curious to hear if anybody has received a PT acceptance off of the waitlist from queens or uoft in recent months. Or also if anyone has removed themselves from one of these programs to choose another. I am currently waitlisted for both and am hoping for a late acceptance!

thanks 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2023 at 5:18 PM, PTtbd said:

Hello, Just wondering how did you get your score for the Kira talent? 

Did you email Mac about it?

Thanks

Hey! So I actually called and they told me the average score for the kira talent and never told me what I got exactly but did hint to me that I got a bit below the average which was 3.69/5. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/10/2023 at 9:27 PM, sanaa12001 said:

Hi guys. I have a question about admission into the OT program at UofT. Is it possible to get accepted even if you don't have relevant research experience or a lot of volunteer or research experience in general? If you manage to maintain a really high GPA and Sub-GPA, is it still possible to get accepted?

Hey! I got accepted this year with no research experience or OT volunteer experience. I had some extracurriculars and TA experience but that’s about it! For reference my GPA was in the low 3.9 range. Good luck:) 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/19/2023 at 6:58 AM, Physio98 said:
Applied (OT): UofA, UofT, Western, Queens, McMaster
Applied (PT): McMaster, Queens
Accepted: 
Waitlisted: 
Rejected: All
sGPA - 3.39 cGPA 3.12
Casper - 4th quartile

I applied just for the sake of applying to see if i would get in as i always had an interest in rehab studies. Got rejected from Mac instantly and didn't even make it towards getting an interview. My GPA would be way higher (around 3.7) but i took a summer school course at Ryerson's chang school a year after my degree and did horrible in it. Was going through alot in my mental health and dealing with alot of my family members having covid, while also having a death in my family due to covid. Now that course is included in my last 20 credits unfortunately.
Have around a year and a half yrs of clinical work experience as PTA and in Ophthalmology. Around a years worth of volunteer experience at 2 different hospitals (1 year total). 
Not sure what to do going forward as my only other option to get rid of this course would be to do another degree. Anyone have a similar experience?

I know for some schools you can apply for accommodations (Im not sure exactly what but maybe exclude that mark from your gpa?) for your application. Since you had life events during that course that drastically affected your mark! Ubc does this but I'm not sure about other schools.