Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2023 Cycle

20 hours ago, OT applicant said:

I can’t remember if this is the first or second year that McMaster is doing the Kira interviews . Does anyone know what the GPA cut off is to get an interview invitation ?

oops sorry that was for PT. For OT they dont specify a cut off, they just say top 800 applicants who meet the requirement will be invited.

7 minutes ago, 1896528 said:

All applicants with a 3.3/4.0 (B+ or 77% or 9/12) sub-GPA and who have met the requirements for the four pre-requisite courses, will be invited to participate in an online interview.

Thank you ! Wouldn’t that be more than 800 tho . As I am assuming that everyone that applies has at least a 3.3.Since that it the cut off to be considered .So now everyone would get an interview even with the cut off ?

I did my Casper on Jan 26 and it went horribly. This was my first time doing Casper and I think I should have done more practice questions because I struggled with completing it. For 2 questions, I left 1/3 blank for each and Im not sure if my answers are strong. Only Western needs it so I feel like school is out for me...Hopefully I get into the other two schools that I applied to

1 hour ago, noor532 said:

I did my Casper on Jan 26 and it went horribly. This was my first time doing Casper and I think I should have done more practice questions because I struggled with completing it. For 2 questions, I left 1/3 blank for each and Im not sure if my answers are strong. Only Western needs it so I feel like school is out for me...Hopefully I get into the other two schools that I applied to

I would still be optimistic because you can still score well even if you don't answer all of the questions. Also so many different people will be marking your exam so a diverse set of eyes will be reading it! Goodluck :)

On 11/1/2022 at 10:02 PM, MOT2022hopeful said:

I applied last year and it was a panel virtual interview. You have 3 people asking you about 12 questions. From all the peopl I know who have been in the program have always said it is panel for UBC MOT. 

Thank you - I ended up figuring this out through talking to others, but I appreciate the help :)

It looks like my GPA from my 3rd & 4th year courses is around ~3.9 on 4.0 scale (4.23 on 4.33 system).....however, my cGPA is ~3.6 on 4.0 scale (3.8 on 4.33 system). My cGPA is low because I did poorly for 2 semesters and then ended up failing out of uni during a 3rd semester due to health issues (unfortunately, at the time I did not know I could withdraw under extenuating circumstances). My Casper went really well (4th quartile), I have solid references, and I have a lot of relevant personal and work/volunteer experience.

I applied to both UBC and UofA MOT. I personally believe that I would be a great candidate for these programs but I am scared that my GPA will ruin my chances :/

17 minutes ago, OThopeful23 said:

It looks like my GPA from my 3rd & 4th year courses is around ~3.9 on 4.0 scale (4.23 on 4.33 system).....however, my cGPA is ~3.6 on 4.0 scale (3.8 on 4.33 system). My cGPA is low because I did poorly for 2 semesters and then ended up failing out of uni during a 3rd semester due to health issues (unfortunately, at the time I did not know I could withdraw under extenuating circumstances). My Casper went really well (4th quartile), I have solid references, and I have a lot of relevant personal and work/volunteer experience.

I applied to both UBC and UofA MOT. I personally believe that I would be a great candidate for these programs but I am scared that my GPA will ruin my chances 

??

your sgpa is a 3.9/4That’s literally one of the most ideal gpa you want to have and with a 4th percentile, you’re a great candidate and have a really good chance in my opinion :) 

1 hour ago, OThopeful23 said:

I applied to both UBC and UofA MOT. I personally believe that I would be a great candidate for these programs but I am scared that my GPA will ruin my chances :/

UofA MScOT only calculates your GPA with your last 20 courses, or last 60 credits, except for any 100 level courses taken outside of your degree program. If your 3rd and 4th year semesters have a strong GPA then you definitely have a shot at UofA!

Hey! Quick question for anyone familiar with the Dal MSc Physiotherapy program: Around when do they typically send out interview invitations? 

On the website it says that the interviews will occur in mid-to-late April, but there doesn't seem to be any indication on when invitations will be sent/received. Just looking to know around when I should expect to hear one way or another!

Good luck to everyone with their applications!

21 hours ago, HaadaOT said:

UofA MScOT only calculates your GPA with your last 20 courses, or last 60 credits, except for any 100 level courses taken outside of your degree program. If your 3rd and 4th year semesters have a strong GPA then you definitely have a shot at UofA!

Oh okay, that will definitely help me haha! Thank you for the information :)

On 2/2/2023 at 6:06 AM, noor532 said:

It's okay, I left 2-3 of the last questions blank since I was too busy typing up the first 2 questions, but as long as you were able to get your point across from the other 2 questions in a scenario, the last one doesn't matter too much. Also other people might have had the same issue as you as well. I scored in the 3rd quartile so not too bad.