Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2023 Cycle

1 hour ago, hopefuldummy said:

Hi guys, is my SGPA for ORPAS the bolded number at the bottom or the number that says **average**. I feel stupid for not being able to figure it out 

I believe the overall GPA at the top is the cumulative GPA and sub GPA is all the way at the bottom of your course list. You'll see a total for Length, Values, and GPA. I think the total for GPA is the sub GPA.

18 hours ago, PT2 said:

I had a 3.91 subgpa & 4th quartile CASPer score. I was waitlisted to western & uoft PT & ended up getting off the western waitlist first.

I am planning to apply to U of T as well, I started my application to get a head start on the writing portion, I am not sure if they change those every year. Which essay question did you have to answer in your year for U of T and Western? 

1 hour ago, OTorbust said:

Has anyone heard from Mcmaster yet regarding the OT Kira talent interview? Do we get notified through email if we received an interview invitation? Thank you!

We’re supposed to be hearing from them tomorrow! I am pretty sure we will be notified through email as well. 

Applied UBC PT, UofT PT

Interview Invite: 11:11am, Feb 14th 

Casper: 4th quartile

SubGpa: 92.9% (last 10 credits)

Extracurriculars: 2nd author pub in a physio journal, 2 research awards, undergrad thesis on physio treatment, work as an adapted trainer, 2 different research assistant jobs (rehab sci focus), a bunch of other conventional undergrad experiences. 

Looking for people to practice MMI with! Message me if you'd be interested in practicing together. 

Applied (All PT): UofT, Western, Queens
Accepted: n/a
Waitlisted: n/a 
Rejected: n/a

Casper: 1st Q 
 sGPA: 3.72 

300+hrs coaching youth soccer teams and academies, 150hrs assistant coach/trainer for varsity soccer team, 30hrs volunteering with indigenous youth camps, 15hrs student trainer at varsity soccer national championships

Felt like I had strong personal submissions and great references from chair of my KIN department and reputable professor, but am worried about my 1st Q casper... Didn't feel great about the test, but definitely felt better than a Q1 :wacko:

Hoping for the best!! Best of luck everyone :)