Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2023 Cycle

On 2/4/2023 at 7:27 AM, 1896528 said:

Just got Casper back second quartile:(

I just had a friend tell me the other day that they know of people who scored in 2nd quartile who have been accepted - If the rest of your application is strong then you will likely be in the clear! I also know a couple of other colleagues of mine who got 2nd quartile this time round and I was quite surprised, so it could also be that there were a lot of high scorers on your test date. Good luck :) 

14 minutes ago, OThopeful23 said:

I just had a friend tell me the other day that they know of people who scored in 2nd quartile who have been accepted - If the rest of your application is strong then you will likely be in the clear! I also know a couple of other colleagues of mine who got 2nd quartile this time round and I was quite surprised, so it could also be that there were a lot of high scorers on your test date. Good luck :) 

Thank you so much for saying this! It definitely make me feel better and a lot more confident.

On 2/5/2023 at 10:54 PM, sam9983 said:

in my sub-GPA calculation they included this acting course. When they say how "activity courses" are not included in the sub-gpa, does that not include this acting course? Or am I thinking of something else? Because if it's included in my sub-gpa calculation i'm pretty sure it does then, no?

I’m honestly not sure because I took net & implement games (kin degree elective course lol) and did not think that it was going to count towards my sub-gpa but it did! I have previous activity courses but I’m unsure if they were included as for those semesters my gpa was averaged. 

On 2/6/2023 at 12:54 AM, sam9983 said:

in my sub-GPA calculation they included this acting course. When they say how "activity courses" are not included in the sub-gpa, does that not include this acting course? Or am I thinking of something else? Because if it's included in my sub-gpa calculation i'm pretty sure it does then, no?

My friend asked ORPAS about a similar situation and from what I remember (dont quote me on this), they basically said as long as the course has lecture components/written assignments, it is not an activity course. It has to be purely activity based to classify as a activity course.

On 2/6/2023 at 1:51 AM, Boukenbc said:

This is my first time applying to Ontario Schools and my home university is on a 4.0 scale and when I calculated my sub gpa ( my University has it's own caculator) it is so different than what shows on orpas. I know different schools have different scales but I didn’t realize how different it could be, such a sad day, really lost hope now on getting in this year.

Don't lose hope! The same happened to me - I had a decent sGPA at my school but with the conversions it dropped significantly (below the cut off for a lot of schools) and I got into UofT! It's still possible don't lose hope!

3 hours ago, MOT2022hopeful said:

Hi all,

Last year there was a group chat created for people who have applied for the UBC MOT program. We talked about interview prep and general stressed all going through the process together! If anyone is interested let me know and I can set it up

That would be amazing :)

1 hour ago, OThopeful2023 said:

I wrote my casper test on Jan 26, my results are showing up as completed results delivered. However, I can't view my marks. Did anyone else have this happen to them?

It means the schools have it! You’ll see your results around 4 weeks after so for you the week of Febuary 20-24th

On 2/8/2023 at 8:33 AM, MOT2022hopeful said:

Hi all,

Last year there was a group chat created for people who have applied for the UBC MOT program. We talked about interview prep and general stressed all going through the process together! If anyone is interested let me know and I can set it up

Hi! I would be interested in joining this :) Thank you!! 

Hi all, I'm looking for advice about a mistake I made in my already submitted applications, and was wondering if anyone might have had a similar issue that was resolved.

Basically I messed up, I need to add an institution as I am actually an open studies student at the same university I graduated at last spring, and I retook 2 classes I needed the next year after graduation but I did not state in my applications or resume that I am technically an open studies student at the same university, which now I realize too late means I technically lied about my academic history in a way. The 2 classes I retook/am taking now show on my transcript. I'm wondering if I should email the application boards and let them know I need to add an institution or if I should hope that this slides by without being noticed? argh

If anyone has advice on what I should do I'd really appreciate it.

12 minutes ago, Boukenbc said:

Just got a rejection email from UBC MOT. Went from an interview last year to this. My gpa this year was higher, 4th percentile, I’m really shocked at the moment did not think that was possible in regard to how last year went :/

I received a rejection letter too and was kind of bummed considering UBC was my top choice. I had quite a high GPA too, but I’m OOP so I knew my chances were slim :( There’s lots of more schools to hear from though, we’ve got this!

1 hour ago, OhTea33 said:

I received a rejection letter too and was kind of bummed considering UBC was my top choice. I had quite a high GPA too, but I’m OOP so I knew my chances were slim :( There’s lots of more schools to hear from though, we’ve got this!

I also received my rejection letter. My GPA was pretty high and have great references too. I honestly thought I'd atleast get an interview invite but I guess not. Good luck on your other applications!!