Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2023 Cycle

3 hours ago, HopefulPt2023 said:

Anyone else kinda let down about not getting an interview invite from ubc? OOP with 92% gpa, 4th quartile Casper, and great extracurriculars :(

Hi! I'm in the same boat as you! I have a great GPA and casper score as well, with OT volunteer experience and RMHC experience, but still got a rejection. I guess it's just based on the applicant pool

17 minutes ago, Boukenbc said:

Is anyone else hoping the minimal amount of activeness in this thread ( compared to past years) means less people are applying this year lol. Definitely not the case but a girl can dream

hoped so but it doesnt look like it from mac pt website

2023: 1376 Applicants, TBD
2022: 1328 Applicants, 69 Admitted
2021: 1269 Applicants, 67 Admitted
2020: 935 Applicants, 64 Admitted
2019: 946 Applicants, 70 Admitted

5 minutes ago, 1896528 said:

Wow, it’s actually insane how much more competitive things get every year 

1 hour ago, 1896528 said:

I will say for Mac, it looks way better than it is. Last year they admitted 69 students. BUT I was #40 on their waitlist and got an offer. That means the initial first choice 69 seats didn't get filled AND 39 people on the waitlist before me also didn't take the seats. Otherwise I wouldn't have gotten an offer. I hope that helps someone sleep lol 

19 hours ago, UBCGuy123 said:

Applied UBC PT, UofT PT

Interview Invite: 11:11am, Feb 14th 

Casper: 4th quartile

SubGpa: 92.9% (last 10 credits)

Extracurriculars: 2nd author pub in a physio journal, 2 research awards, undergrad thesis on physio treatment, work as an adapted trainer, 2 different research assistant jobs (rehab sci focus), a bunch of other conventional undergrad experiences. 

Looking for people to practice MMI with! Message me if you'd be interested in practicing together. 

Hey!! got my interview too, happy to bounce ideas off each other

5 hours ago, PT_98 said:

Got an email from McMaster inviting me to the Kira Talent Interview for PT! Email received at 8:46am

got a rejection email from them this morning but seriously confused because i met all the requirements? and got an interview last year with the same pre-requisites lol - did this happen to anyone else??

20 hours ago, HaadaOT said:

Hi! I'm in the same boat as you! I have a great GPA and casper score as well, with OT volunteer experience and RMHC experience, but still got a rejection. I guess it's just based on the applicant pool

I feel the exact same way. It made me think how many applicants they take for interviews that are out of province. I was really bummed, but I suppose I'll wait to see what I hear from the next few schools. Sorry to hear about everyone's disappointment. 

On 2/14/2023 at 3:09 PM, Louisana said:

I am planning to apply to U of T as well, I started my application to get a head start on the writing portion, I am not sure if they change those every year. Which essay question did you have to answer in your year for U of T and Western? 

For uoft there wasn’t an applicant statement just an interview.

This was the applicant statement required for western. It can also be found in their application page but I can paste it below

“Applicant Statement: (completed as part of the ORPAS application)

Your statement (6,250 characters or approximately 1,000 words) should include all of the following components: 

• An explanation of why you have chosen physical therapy as a career, demonstrating your knowledge of the profession and its scope of practice.
  • A description of what you will bring to the physical therapy profession (e.g. strengths, experiences, attributes, leadership skills and/or abilities).
  • A reflection on how you feel the principals of equity, diversity, inclusion and decolonization are important in the physical therapy profession.
  • Your Applicant Statement should elaborate on your unique and exceptional qualities rather than just on your aspirations to become a physical therapist.

Evidence of Paid or Unpaid Physical Therapy-related Experiences

• Provide a brief list (maximum of 4) of any activities (volunteer or paid) directly related to the physical therapy field, including a clear outline of the types of patients/individuals and the applicant's role
  • This experience does not need to take place at a physical therapy clinic but should include working with patients/individuals with needs that could be serviced by a physical therapist
  • Documentation must include the total number of hours of involvement, as well as the applicant’s role and the population with which the applicant interacted”

On 2/14/2023 at 2:41 PM, UBCGuy123 said:

Applied UBC PT, UofT PT

Interview Invite: 11:11am, Feb 14th 

Casper: 4th quartile

SubGpa: 92.9% (last 10 credits)

Extracurriculars: 2nd author pub in a physio journal, 2 research awards, undergrad thesis on physio treatment, work as an adapted trainer, 2 different research assistant jobs (rehab sci focus), a bunch of other conventional undergrad experiences. 

Looking for people to practice MMI with! Message me if you'd be interested in practicing together. 

Hey!! Also got an interview. connecting with others if you want ti bounce ideas off each other to prep for the MMI.