Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2023 Cycle

Just wondering if McMaster is sending out rejection emails for the OT interviews, or if I should take the fact that I didn't hear anything today as my rejection? I saw someone in this thread said they did get one for PT, so I was assuming it would be the same, but now I'm not so sure. 

Editing this to say that I just checked my spam and the email had gone there.

On 10/1/2022 at 7:13 PM, pk08 said:

Hello 2023 Applicants!

I was accepted into PT and OT schools across Canada last cycle and wanted to let you all know that although the process is daunting, you can also get accepted into your dream programs!

Below are my acceptances and I have started consulting recently so please feel free to reach out if you would like equitable and honest guidance or support from someone with recent lived experience. I would love to help with all aspects of the application process including supplemental applications, CASPer, CAP, and MMI/panel interviews!

Applied: UBC OT, UBC PT, UofA OT, UofT PT, UofT OT
Accepted: UBC OT, UBC PT, UofA OT, UofT PT, UofT OT
Waitlisted:
Rejected: 
s-GPA: 3.87

Good luck everyone, you got this:)

hey man, do you mind to talk about the UBC interview for PT? how did it processed?

On 10/1/2022 at 6:13 PM, pk08 said:

Hello 2023 Applicants!

I was accepted into PT and OT schools across Canada last cycle and wanted to let you all know that although the process is daunting, you can also get accepted into your dream programs!

Below are my acceptances and I have started consulting recently so please feel free to reach out if you would like equitable and honest guidance or support from someone with recent lived experience. I would love to help with all aspects of the application process including supplemental applications, CASPer, CAP, and MMI/panel interviews!

Applied: UBC OT, UBC PT, UofA OT, UofT PT, UofT OT
Accepted: UBC OT, UBC PT, UofA OT, UofT PT, UofT OT
Waitlisted:
Rejected: 
s-GPA: 3.87

Good luck everyone, you got this:)

Hey! If you are still active on this thread I would love to hear how you prepared for the UBC OT Panel interview! Also what school/program did you end up going with? Thank you :)

2 hours ago, NeedsamiraclePT said:

Hi, did anyone receive portal login information for Western PT? Read this in last year's forum and wonder if the portal info is only given out to the top 300 applicants. Good luck to everyone on your application!

I cant speak to whether everyone gets portal login information or if its a select amount of people because I'm not sure, but I did receive login information a couple weeks ago

8 hours ago, PTaHopin said:

I cant speak to whether everyone gets portal login information or if its a select amount of people because I'm not sure, but I did receive login information a couple weeks ago

Thank you very much for the info. I greatly appreciate your response. I applied and didn't get a login. So, most likely only applications under review are provided with a login. Best wishes to you and I truly hope you get accepted!

Any chance you know if Queens also provide a portal login? 

13 hours ago, NeedsamiraclePT said:

Hi, did anyone receive portal login information for Western PT? Read this in last year's forum and wonder if the portal info is only given out to the top 300 applicants. Good luck to everyone on your application!

I’m not sure about top 300 but I also did receive the log-in info email! I doubt they’d only send it only to the top people, but perhaps email to confirm?

3 hours ago, UBCPTHopeful said:

Out of curiosity, how much has everyone prepared for the MMIs. I received an invite for the UBC PT interview and I have not started preparing yet...am I screwed?

I started prepping today for my interview! Trying to find a balance between ensuring I cover my talking points but also not sounding to rehearsed.

23 hours ago, NeedsamiraclePT said:

Thank you very much for the info. I greatly appreciate your response. I applied and didn't get a login. So, most likely only applications under review are provided with a login. Best wishes to you and I truly hope you get accepted!

Any chance you know if Queens also provide a portal login? 

Hi! did you check your spam folder? that's where I found mine

On 2/17/2023 at 1:07 PM, OThopeful23 said:

Hey! If you are still active on this thread I would love to hear how you prepared for the UBC OT Panel interview! Also what school/program did you end up going with? Thank you :)

Hi! I went with PT instead but OT is a very appealing program and I can definitely help you prep for the panel interview, I private messaged you :)