Premed 101 Forums

Are systematic reviews and meta analysis considered valuable research for CaRMS applications?

No, only first authorship on a Phase 3 randomized controlled trial published in NEJM has any merit. The lancet is acceptable but may hurt you depending on who views it (low tier journal for CARMs). The average applicant will have maybe like 8 of these by the time they reach clerkship (20 by CARMs). Retrospective studies and case series will be looked down upon negatively. God help you if you have a case report on your CV (poster presentations and abstracts will be viewed as a criminal offense)  /s

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2022 at 7:21 AM, shikimate said:

I keep getting solicitations from no name journal of medicine for manuscripts lol. I think at least their impact factor is above 1!

Honestly I think the stuff I publish on premed101 gets more likes than what I've published in scientific journals.

Is this a new staff phenomena? I get a ton of these too…so much delete delete delete!