Premed 101 Forums

Collège Internationale Sainte-Anne for McGill pre-med program.

Laura1

Hi! I'm currently applying into cegep, and I'm considering to go into College Sainte Anne, but I'm not sure about it because it's a small school, so there aren't a lot of extracurriculars, but you are very close to the teachers. So, I'm not sure if I should go there because I might not get into premed after. I went to the open house and I loved the school! I would like to have more information on the school from others. I'm also hesitating between Ste-Anne, Marianopolis and John Abott. For Marianopolis, I'm worried about the competition. Do you think with my average (93%), I would be able to compete? And for John Abott, I'm not sure because it might not be a motivating environment where other students are as determined as you to study. Do you have any advice, suggestions, and information I could use to choose?

Hi there! I'm currently finishing my last semester at CiSA and in the process of applying to medical school. I loved my experience there. Yes, it's a small school but the bilingual aspect is very practical in sciences as most med schools in Quebec are francophone but most scientific articles are published in English. It's still possible to build an excellent CV by being implicated in different clubs and committees. Plus, generally, the school is always willing to fund new things. 

Students are hard working and the level of the groups is generally very good which means a good R-Score. The environment is not too competitive and very cooperative. You also get to complete an internship which normally falls right during the med school interview which is a plus as not too many students get to have an experience like that in cegep. 

Teachers care. Other students care. The best way to describe it is that it's similar to an American high school.

Hope this helps you and don't hesitate to ask more questions!