Premed 101 Forums

Bad rotation

Hey everyone!

So I’m currently doing a rotation (that is not an elective) and I have the feeling that I might get a bad evaluation, I don’t feel that I’m a fit in the team… anyways I’m worried a lot because I’m afraid that this bad rotation might affect my whole CaRMS … is there anyone that had this kind of experience but ended matching in competitive specialties ? 

We also tend to overanalyze every micro-interaction when we feel like things aren't going well on a team. Likely most of what you are noticing, nobody else even cares about. I'm sure things are going fine, but even if they aren't as others have said, it's not the end of the world. Nobody vibes perfectly with everyone and it probably won't affect you long-term. 

3 hours ago, attempt2 said:

Moral of the story? People tend to forget about medical students, unless you do something very outrageous.

LOL this is actually so true and didn't realize it until I experienced myself...

On the other spectrum of your example I've had staff who wrote me reference letters forgot who I am a few months later when I updated them on match day lol (matched to their program).

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/6/2023 at 5:25 AM, robclem21 said:

We also tend to overanalyze every micro-interaction when we feel like things aren't going well on a team. Likely most of what you are noticing, nobody else even cares about. I'm sure things are going fine, but even if they aren't as others have said, it's not the end of the world. Nobody vibes perfectly with everyone and it probably won't affect you long-term. 

so right!!