Premed 101 Forums

*** The Saskatchewan Forum Quiz ***

Guest saskmedman

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Makunouchi

Whoops... I closed the window.

Anyhow, I was saying that sorry McMastergirl, even though I didn't state that an explanation was needed or that you had to believe in your answer, I'll give this one to kodackmoment if that's all right. ;)

Plus, a link was given to a program... which I haven't tried but if it's like other ones out there I'm sure it'll be helpful. I still rack my brain thinking about this problem.

Over time if one plays many games we would win more times if we switch our choice. Provided that the prize is randomly put into one of the three boxes/doors... and an empty door/box is revealed each time (that is not the one that you picked).

Guest kodackmoment

I just checked this forum out today, so please excuse me if my riddle is a repeat (and it probably is)

You have 9 quarters, 8 are identical in weight, the ninth weighs slightly more. You also have one "old-school" scale, the kind with two hands and a fulcrum.

Task: with only two "weigh-ins" (use of the scale), identify the coin that weighs more.

Guest kodackmoment

Thanks for letting me know

Ok, this one is probably too easy for all the intelligence around this forum but hey. . . we all need a break!

A man stands in front of a painted portrait and says "I am the father of this man's son". . . who is the person in the painting?

Guest therealcrackers

The Masters is on this weekend. All former champions are invited back year after year to play, to the point where an early winner, Gene Sarazen, came back to hit a ceremonial tee shot to open the tournament when he was in his late eighties. A more recent winner, Jack Nicklaus, will probably tee it up a little more competitively this year. If Jack shoots his age this year, how many under par will he be for that round?

I reside in a container or can, you can see me and feel me, but I do not affect the capacity of the can in any way. I am weightless, colourless, and odourless.

What am I?

This might be really easy or have been asked before...sorry!

Not the answer I'm looking for byjude. Hot air might not be able to be seen, and isn't weightless. BUT since no one else has even tried to answer, I'm tempted to just give you the conch.

The correct answer is a dent. :rollin

The conch can be yours....

Guest Makunouchi

I was going to guess some sort of gas like liquid nitrogen as well... but not weightless.

A dent eh... but if the dent in "in" the container or can... it should affect the capacity an itty bitty bit... even if it's small.

Guest therealcrackers

Fine ... I'll ask a question.

For something funny but easy to find:

what is the caption below "Goals" in the Demotivators poster? And add where you found it so others can find it too (for their own amusement).

Guest pjdavis

Goals: It's best to avoid standing directly between a competive jerk and his goals.

It's at despair.com. Wicked site. Totally motivated me to study for my tests. Not.

Guest pjdavis

Not sure if this has been asked as I am new to this forum but here is a riddle for you:

I never was, am always to be,

No one ever saw me, nor ever will

And yet I am the confidence of all

To live and breathe on this terrestrial ball.

What am I?8o

• 1 year later...

It seems we lost about a year's worth of posts here. Whether that's permanent or not remains to be seen. In the interests of keeping the recent activity of this thread alive, I can say with confidence that blacklightning answered the physics question I posted earlier this week correctly and he/she now has the conch. :)

Guest blacklightning

Thanks 007,

Okay, lets keep on the physics topic... (its what i have a degree in)...

Albert Einstein is famous for his theories in special and general relativity, but he spent the rest of his life, although unsuccessfully, trying to disprove this famous theory?

Q#1: what was this theory?

bonus question: What is his most famous quote? (it gives light to which theory he disagreed with)

Archived