Premed 101 Forums

# this year?

Guest Jimbo

Guest Ian Wong

Don't know. I seriously doubt that they will release that information any time soon. In the end, that's out of your control after all. They should still be interviewing roughly the same number of applicants for the 128 spots as they did last year, which should work out to roughly 275-300 interviews.

Therefore, if you get an interview, your odds are as even as they were the previous year, because you're as competitive with this year's applicant pool as you would have been last year.

Ian

UBC, Med 3

i don't know how accurate this is, but from what i heard from a friend of a friend... (you get the idea) that there is a higher number of applicants this year to ubc (higher than last year's 850-900. perhaps in 1000?

keep in mind: this is unverified info

Guest not rex morgan

I'm with Ian on this one. It's totally out of your control. Interesting piece of trivia, but really, it can't effect the way you go about your daily activities. If you get an interview, great. Prepare for it. They can pop up as early as January. Read the paper. Watch the news. Have stimulating, and mature discussions about what is right and wrong with the world. They released this particular stat in March..ish last year.

Archived