Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Waitlisted/Rejected Class of 2010

Guest Jag

Please keep all replies focussed as answers to the below.

If you can copy and paste the below form, and fill it out, that'd be awesome. If you want to contribute your GPA and MCAT stats in addition, that's great too.

------

I'm a (Province) resident in (undergraduate or graduate) studies. My GPA was (XYZ) and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: (x)

Verbal: (y)

Biological Sciences: (z)

Written Sample: (z)

I was (accepted/rejected/waitlisted) by Manitoba. This is my (first/second/third/more than third) time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend (XYZ Med School) as my first choice.

Date and Time of acceptance letter received:

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest happy2bme

Accepted

I'm a Calgary resident. My GPA was for my first degreed was around 3.0ish, worst year 2.65 and my second degree 3.8ish, best year 4.0 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 9

Verbal: 11

Biological Sciences: 10

Written Sample: N- seriously, but look at my posts and my lack of sentence structure is obvious.

I was accepted by Calgary. This is my second time applying to this school. I loved the MMI!!!

I applied to Uof C and Manitoba schools.

I was also accepted today by UofManitoba, it was my first time applying to that school. Please note that I am also considered Inprov for manitoba because I graduated highschool there.

Of all the schools I applied to, I WILL attend Calgary as my first choice.

As a side note I am an older applicant(32) with healthcare experience and a family

Guest fever meds

In keeping with Jag's post. If you recieve an acceptance, please post it here.

To those accepted congratulations! I look forward to meeting all of you next year. I know Jag does too!

Guest sunE

I'm a Manitoba resident in undergraduate studies. My GPA was 4.2-ish and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 10

Verbal: 10

Biological Sciences: 10

written sample: R

I was accepted by Manitoba. This is my 2nd time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend U of Manitoba as my first and only choice.

Acceptance received: May 15, 2006 - 11:20am

I have a feeling I'm going to be saying something along these lines to alcoholics anonymous soon....

Hi my name is ..... It all started when I found out I got into medical school....

Guest VS12

no... I actually had to write a deferred exam, so Beth said the earliest I would find out is in June. Thanks for the encouragement though! :D

Guest winter

I'm an Ontario resident and my GPA was ~3.5 (OMSAS) - AGPA ~3.95 - and my MCAT score was 37R.

I was accepted by Manitoba and I'll be there in August.

Cheers!

sweet, looks like the class of 2010 has only 2 people in it. There will be plenty of room in that lecture theater, that's for sure

Guest sunE

sweet, looks like the class of 2010 has only 2 people in it. There is will plenty of room in that lecture theater, that's for sure

I need the extra leg room. I am extreeeemeeely tall....lol....

Guest rochon

Hey,

Thought I'd post and give people hope that didn't get anything yesterday. I got my acceptance today(tuesday) in the mail.

I'm from manitoba, I went to U of W and my AGPA was somehwhere around 4.3, but I don't know exactly. This was my first time applying to medical school. My MCAT score was 36P.

Good luck to everyone else.

André

Guest littlebuster

Have any IP applicants from outside of the peg gotten letters yet? I know you guys like to think you're the only ones in MB, but us farm kids are getting anxious! :P

Guest TallSmileyDude

I was accepted as a 4th year OOP Alberta Resident who just finished my BSc.

AGPA: Roughly 3.9

MCAT: PS 15 VR 10 BS 13 WS Q

Accepted at: UofA UofM

Waitlisted at: UofC, Queens, Western

As of now i will be accepting the position at UofA unless I am accepted off the waitlist at Queens or Western in the near future. So i will not be taking this UofM spot and another OOP spot will open up.

Guest sunE

AGPA: Roughly 3.9

MCAT: PS 15 VR 10 BS 13 WS Q

Accepted at: UofA UofM

Waitlisted at: UofC, Queens, Western

Holy....the med schools should be paying you to go to their school....lol

Archived