Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Waitlisted/Rejected Class of 2010

Guest Jag

Guest hochunk

ok, i need some thoughts here... especially from the wise old jag.

i did get a letter today. it says that they have reviewed my application, etc... but they "have one outstanding administrative issue to complete before making an admission decision. I expect a decision letter to be mailed to you by June 12."

any thoughts?? ever heard of this before?

also: NRC, i was waitlisted last year and there were 30 of us.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JGracie

>: is right.

VS, did you mention that you were in the 3rd quartile before?

ETA: what is the average age of the entering class? i'm not getting any younger.

Guest sunE
ETA: what is the average age of the entering class? i'm not getting any younger.

I read somewhere that the average age of a first year medical student is 25. That was a while ago though.

Also, Jag has told me that their are some "older" people in his class, approaching their 30's (or maybe even past 30?)

As for people accepted this year: I'm 21 and I know a 20, 21, 21, 22 year olds that got accepted. So that's 5/100. Very small fraction.

The average age for my class was 24 or 24.5 or something like that. We have a couple of people that are 34-35 years old. The year ahead of me has a 40 something year old in it.

Guest UW21

I just finished my third year of biochem at the u of W. This is my first time applying to medical school and I was accepted at the u of m on tuesday!!! See you in august!!!:rollin

Guest Madz25

I'm a New Brunswick resident with an HBSc in Cell and Molecular Biology. My AGPA was 4.1 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 14

Verbal: 9

Biological Sciences: 11

Written Sample: R

I was waitlisted by Manitoba. This is my first time applying to this school. They wont tell me my position on the OOP waitlist!! >:

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend Dalhousie as my first choice, although Manitoba is a close 2nd!

I'm currently in the Toronto area for other OOPs waiting.

ETA: I just got a call from Beth and I'm INNN!!!

ETA: I just got accepted to Dal! I'll be declining my spot so good luck to the next OOPer!

Madz

Guest Kooman

I'm a Toronto Resident. Graduated last year with BSCH in chemistry and math from Queen's. My AGPA is 4.1 and mcat average is 10.75.

Accepted: UT, UWO

Accepted off the Waitlist: Manitoba

Waitlisted: UBC

I had the crappiest interview at Manitoba and thought I would be outright rejected. So I'm guessing I will probably be at the bottom, if not last on the waiting list.

I have already accepted my offer at UT and will be declining my OOP spot at Manitoba. G'luck y'all.

Guest sukhbinder

Hey Guys,

I'm from Kingston Ontario. I received my OOP waitlist letter today from U of M.

I was accepted at U of A and UBC, and I will most likely be attending UBC in the fall. In case anyone is anxious about their OOP waiting list spot, I am pulling my name off the list today.

Best of luck to everyone,

Sukhbinder

Guest sunE

I'm from Kingston Ontario. I received my OOP waitlist letter today from U of M.

Sukhbinder

Hey I sat next to a brown guy from Kingston, Ontario right before I had my interview at the U of M.

Guest UWinGrad

Soo... how does this waitlist work? Are both OOP and IP on the same waitlist? or are there separate waitilists for both categories?

I received my letter on Wednesday and I am waitlisted.

Guest Lurkergonepublic

I'm an Alberta resident, GPA 4.0/4.5, MCAT 12,12,12,S.

I was accepted by UofA, and UofC (off the waitlist)

I was rejected by UBC

Waitlisted at UofM as an OOP.

(rejected pre-interview at 4 Ontario schools).

I have accepted the Calgary offer and will be taking my name off the waitlist, so there's a better chance for someone, depending how far down I was! Good luck. :)

Yes, separate OOP and IP waitlists as stated. The OOP list moves very fast and very far, wheras the IP list moves slow and doesn't get very far.

Guest sukhbinder

Hey sunE,

Haha, loved your post. Yup, I am a brown guy. I had mine on Saturday March 18th! If you were sitting beside me, sorry I don't remember your name. The guy sitting beside me was from Alberta.

Cheers,

Y

Haha, loved your post. Yup, I am a brown guy. I had mine on Saturday March 18th! If you were sitting beside me, sorry I don't remember your name. The guy sitting beside me was from Alberta.

Mine was on Sat, March 18 too. But I live in Manitoba. Maybe the Albertan was sitting on the otherside of you and I was on the other side of you. Was one of your interviewers "Wiegand"? Because the brown guy from Kingston Ontario had Wiegand as an interviewer.

Archived