Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Waitlisted/Rejected Class of 2010

Guest Jag

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest NRC boy

His MCAT was a 9 and his AGPA was a little over 4. I have his transcripts, muahaha. Dang I gotta stop abusing my powers. He was the greatest interviewee in the history of the world though. I will take all the credit since I prepped him, haha. Dont tell him I said that. :hat

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BeYourself

Just wanted to give some hope to any IP waitlistees out there! I was accepted today! :)

I was initially waitlisted by Manitoba (Middle third/30-don't know where in middle third). This is my first time applying to this school.

I'm a Manitoba resident in graduate studies. I graduated from U of W with a B.Sc. (Hons). My AGPA was 4.18 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 8

Verbal: 9

Biological Sciences: 10

Written Sample: Q

MSc student @ McGill (got to hurry up and finish my thesis now!); 1 publication from honours research.

Lots of different ECs: volunteer at community health clinic, international healthcare volunteer experience, led workshops for children on sun safety, small group discussion leader for 2nd year med students at McGill.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend Manitoba as my first choice.

Date and Time of acceptance letter received: July 25 @ noon

Still hasn't sunk in yet! Good luck to all those still waiting, and looking forward to meeting everyone on August 21st!

Guest Apraxis

Hi BeYourself -

I think I know who you are. If your sister has the initials V L, then you indeed are who I think you are.

Congrats!

Guest sspnp

Well, the OOP waiting list is still moving. I got a call from Beth on Monday afternoon telling me I've been offered a position and I'm most definitely taking it.

I'm an Ontario resident who just completed my Honours in biology at Queen's University. My GPA was 4.0 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: (10)

Verbal: (11)

Biological Sciences: (11)

Written Sample: ®

I was accepted by Manitoba. This is my first time applying to this school.

Can't wait to meet ya'll next month!

HOLY SH*T!!! :lol :lol :lol :lol

HAPPIEST DAY OF MY LIFE. I'm shaking right now, that's how happy I am. I'm having trouble even writing this! WOW.

Anyway...

Im an IP Manitoba resident with a (now) 3 year B.Sc. My aGPA was a superb 3.8, with a (not so terrific) MCAT score of 28Q (8 PS, 11 VR, 9 BS)

I was ACCEPTED by Manitoba, off of the waitlist! This is my first time applying here, or anywhere, so obviously, this is my one and only choice.

Date and time received: July 28, 2006 at 9:30ish!

As an aside:

I was accepted off of the middle of the IP waitlist. I was originally put in the bottom third of the waitlist, but after receiving my feedback back from the Admissions people, I found that they had not used my up to date GPA! Even though the aGPA changed by something like .1 or whatever, it still allowed me to move from the bottom third, to the middle third. So obviously, the difference between someone in those positions is very very small.

I'd also like to add to whoever is reading this and is down on themselves or lacks confidence... if I can get in... anyone can. I'm not even close to being the smartest person, but I sure worked hard!

And lastly, I'd like to give some props to the people on this board. I'd like to be half as helpful as Jag and Fever Meds has been. Oh, and Fever Meds is awesome for having reviewed my autobiographical sketch. And I am indebted to Susan Batten from the class of 2009 for helping me with the interviews, cause I definitely didn;t get in on the basis of my scores.

;)

Congrats VS12! You make Jag proud.

Party hard for this remaining month (although I'm sure I don't have to tell you that, you were probably thinking the same already)

Archived