Premed 101 Forums

The Official August/September Registration Thread

The Law

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The seats can't be full, it must be a mistake, there are not 3000 dedicated/crazy people like us that were ready to register at 9am.

man even if there were 6000 ppl trying to apply, at least half of them should have gotten them right? but hardly anyone has one.

This is f***ing weird.

Additional Testing Sites

Seats are still available throughout much of Canada from April through July. We have added "event" test sites, which are temporary testing venues in locations where we heard we needed more seats. These locations include British Columbia, Manitoba, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, and Saskatchewan.

We expect to add more Canadian sites in the near future.

ANY MORE VAGUE?

I called the MCAT ppl. They said that they are having tech problems and to keep trying to get your seat as they are working on it. Oh, and they said no one in Canada has registered sucessfuly yet.

There ya go, the offical word.

oh wow, thanks a lot. But still aamc is one f***ed up company..

I logged onto the site at 8:30am and it allowed me to do so really quickly...then I just kept clicking on the time/location drop-down list so that my account wouldnt log out. I was surprised that at ~8:45am, Ontario appeared as one of the testing sites. I was able to choose a seat at this time with no delays. I found it really strange as the AAMC had stated 9am as the start time, but wanted to be logged in before this time b/c I guessed the site would be a mess.

This whole process is insane...competing to get seats to write a horrid exam??? The AAMC will need to do something to rectify this...by adding more seats, they are making more money at $210 US/person so you would think they would want to do this. I hope they add more seats as they did with the July exam dates. Good luck!

Has anyone tried calling the AAMC????

I called the MCAT ppl. They said that they are having tech problems and to keep trying to get your seat as they are working on it. Oh, and they said no one in Canada has registered sucessfuly yet.

Are you serious??! Oh dear God. Oh well, at least that means my keener premed enemies haven't gotten a seat yet either. *Phew*

Originally Posted by rogerroger

i wouldnt be surprised if they lied to you just to get off the phone.

Additional Testing Sites

Seats are still available throughout much of Canada from April through July. We have added "event" test sites, which are temporary testing venues in locations where we heard we needed more seats. These locations include British Columbia, Manitoba, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, and Saskatchewan.

We expect to add more Canadian sites in the near future.

ANY MORE VAGUE?

hahaha, well glad to see a minority of Canada has adequit seats.

Archived