Premed 101 Forums

hey all

just a quick question with the LMCC part 1... if anybody knows... what happens if you fail .. does that mean you can't do your residency? I heard that you can write it again later on but still start your residency....I'm not sure how common this is.

hey all

just a quick question with the LMCC part 1... if anybody knows... what happens if you fail .. does that mean you can't do your residency? I heard that you can write it again later on but still start your residency....I'm not sure how common this is.

Hi there,

From what I've heard, the consequences of failing the MCCQE vary from centre to centre. Some centres will require cosigning of your orders by another resident, clerkship-style, while others do not require such a thing, but give you some sort of limited signing ability. Others don't do anything at all.

As for failure rates, we were told that around 5% of folks who write it fail it. It was also suggested that the 5% who failed had a higher proportion of people whose native language was not English. Having written the exam, I can see why this might be true given the large volume of reading that needs to be done during the course of the exam.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived