Premed 101 Forums

July/August Practice Scores Thread

DiscoDoc

Gah, this is SO messed up. I did a Princeton Review on Thursday (aka yesterday) and got 28 with a 7 on verbal. I now just finished AAMC 8R and got 35 total with 13 on verbal. The thing is, I did AAMC 8 last year and got 28 with 8 on verbal. I suppose some of the score increase is due to seeing the q's before, but it's been more than a year, so I assume I've forgotten mosttt of it.

Why am I so unstable? People who consistently get 9's should be happy with themselves. My scores for VR fluctuate madly and I'm betting that test day next Friday, they're going to be on the lower end of the stick.

you have to stay positive...there has to be some pay off for working hard (such as scores fluctuating towards the upper end) :D:)

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gah, this is SO messed up. I did a Princeton Review on Thursday (aka yesterday) and got 28 with a 7 on verbal. I now just finished AAMC 8R and got 35 total with 13 on verbal. The thing is, I did AAMC 8 last year and got 28 with 8 on verbal. I suppose some of the score increase is due to seeing the q's before, but it's been more than a year, so I assume I've forgotten mosttt of it.

Why am I so unstable? People who consistently get 9's should be happy with themselves. My scores for VR fluctuate madly and I'm betting that test day next Friday, they're going to be on the lower end of the stick.

You might do better because it will be the real deal and won't make the silly mistakes because you will be more meticulous and careful. If you expect defeat you will create your reality. ;)

You will have your way with the MCAT. Kick the **** out of the real deal by nailing a 35 like you just did!

Thanks for the support guys...but I think there's something seriously wrong with me. I just got 6 for Princeton Review verbal today haha *yes this is almost funny* and 23 overall. Go me and there's less than a week. Hmmm, well I guess the fact that I had (and have) a splitting headache throughout the whole thing and was half asleep didn't help either.

Sometimes I think the best approach to verbal is to get a good night's rest and focus the hardest you've ever focused on anything without drifting away to sleep....

7R is the hardest. That was the general consensus last year. Chances are that is the worst you will see on the real deal.

I don't know if it was 7R, it might have been, but I remember there was one AAMC test that had a brutal VR and I mean BRUTAL VR. It was barely English lol. It might of been 7R... My real VR was nothing like it.

6R and 7R were relatively easy for me last year. I did well again on 6R this year, and I'm going to save 7R for a confidence booster. 9R was more challenging I found and I'm scared to do AAMC 10, which is what's gonna be in store for me tomorrow dun dun dun...

I got 32 on Princeton 9 today, yay! 12/10/10. So yeah, I stand by what I said before, get LOTS LOTS of rest...Yesterday for Princeton 8 I got 23! Haha yes, 23! But I was seriously half dead when I did it, but last night I slept a lot and now I did 9 points better. I doubt it's because Princeton 8 is that much hard than Princeton 9.

Did people say that AAMC 10 is representative? I really hope so..I got 12/9/11 (damn that verbal grrrr). The bio I found incredibly hard though...could barely do it, but somehow it ended up working out ok. The verbal I finished w/ 9 minutes to spare (probably really bad timing) so I went back and re-read some passages, etc. *crosses fingers* Now if only I can move that 9 to a 10 on test day would be sooo sweet.

PR Diagnostic 1 (4110?) PS/VR/BS: 5/6/10

PR Diagnostic 2 7/7/10

PR Online Diagnostic 3 8/11/9

Pretty happy about the last score, writing AAMC 9 this weekend likely, and got one month to go...:eek:

good one. improving VR is tough. way to go.;)

Just finished doing CBT 3...

36 (12 PS / 13 VR / 11 BS)

I'm happy with the score, however tests 9 and 10 are the best indicator I've heard.

Next up is CBT 5 tomorrow.

Gotta pump some iron, then resume cramming more info into my head! smashfreak.gif

Congratulations on the awesome score!

Just finished doing CBT 3...

36 (12 PS / 13 VR / 11 BS)

I'm happy with the score, however tests 9 and 10 are the best indicator I've heard.

Next up is CBT 5 tomorrow.

Gotta pump some iron, then resume cramming more info into my head! smashfreak.gif

Way to go boss!!! :D That is pretty DIRTY!!

Man, I'm really really happy for you! It totally kills your old score.

Beats the **** out of what I got today for AAMC 3 CBT:

10,9,11= 30 = bust.

Oh well, I guess it coulda been worse. Thank God for that.

K, AAMC 5 is done. Just a caveat, I don't have the CBT for this so it's another one of my patented slice-and-dice jobs. Passages and questions were removed from my paper version at random to match number of each in the new CBT.

38 (14PS/12VR/12BS)

I really don't think these older Practice MCATs reflect the real thing; lots of subjects in both PS and BS were omitted. I'll find out next weekend when I get a better sparring partner (AAMC 9).

Enough of this crap, gotta try and salvage what's left of the weekend.

This week I've been working on just the BS section of the exam from Kaplan full lengths. There scaled scores are inflated, but here are my raw scores:

Kaplan 7 7/16/2007 36/52

Kaplan 5 7/18/2007 45/52

Kaplan 3 7/20/2007 42/52

The Kaplan bio is a lot harder than the AAMCs I've done so far.

Archived