Premed 101 Forums

July/August Practice Scores Thread

DiscoDoc

Let's give this a try, a la SDN. If you're taking the 'CAT in the next couple of months, feel free to post your practice test scores here as you go along.

(PS/VR/BS)

Here are mine so far.

Kaplan FL1 (11/10/11) 32

Kaplan FL2 (11/10/12) 33

Kaplan FL6 (12/10/12) 34

Kaplan FL9 (11/11/11) 33

AAMC 4 (12/9/10) 31

AAMC 8 (13/13/11) 37 :confused:

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's give this a try, a la SDN. If you're taking the 'CAT in the next couple of months, feel free to post your practice test scores here as you go along.

(PS/VR/BS)

Here are mine so far.

Kaplan FL1 (11/10/11) 32

Kaplan FL2 (11/10/12) 33

Kaplan FL6 (12/10/12) 34

Kaplan FL9 (11/11/11) 33

AAMC 4 (12/9/10) 31

AAMC 8 (13/13/11) 37 :confused:

These scores are sick, especially for one reason IMHO-- your VR score is almost always a around 10. Nice job. I have yet to take a full length. :D

Wow, which EK one did you do Tan008? I actually got 24 on 1g...So yeah.

Argh, this is SO damn depressing. I got 31 last year on AAMC 9 and I did it again today and I got 30!!!!! GAHH....Kind of different distribution though, last year I got 12/9/10 and this year I got 11/10/9. *hangs head low*

I am so doomed.

man..how the heck are you guys getting 10+ on verbal...

i'm soo stuck at 8...well (2 weeks ago i was 6/7)

im gonna do one more verbal tonight (ek)

Ek verbal 101 passage books:

test 1 = 7

test 2= 8

any hopes????

(btw...what else should i do in terms of testing of verbal besides EK?...I only have a few more tests to go...) [i heard kaplan was different]

man..how the heck are you guys getting 10+ on verbal...

i'm soo stuck at 8...well (2 weeks ago i was 6/7)

im gonna do one more verbal tonight (ek)

Ek verbal 101 passage books:

test 1 = 7

test 2= 8

any hopes????

(btw...what else should i do in terms of testing of verbal besides EK?...I only have a few more tests to go...) [i heard kaplan was different]

Supposednly TPR is the next best thing - but I have never tried it myself so have no idea if it's actually any good (passage wise).

Wow, which EK one did you do Tan008? I actually got 24 on 1g...So yeah.

Argh, this is SO damn depressing. I got 31 last year on AAMC 9 and I did it again today and I got 30!!!!! GAHH....Kind of different distribution though, last year I got 12/9/10 and this year I got 11/10/9. *hangs head low*

I am so doomed.

I did 1g, but I did it the day after I studied the chapters (so a lot of it was still fresh in my mind). I am worried about how much of it I will retain by the time I'm done studying...eeek

These scores are sick, especially for one reason IMHO-- your VR score is almost always a around 10. Nice job. I have yet to take a full length. :D

I had done about 20 VR tests last summer and scored 10 on probably 17 of them. However on the real thing I got a 9. With verbal, its so hit or miss that you could end up with your lower bound. You want to pull that up as much as possible.

Wow....You definitely look like you're ready.

thx, but I did write the MCAT last August :( (sub-30). I didn't do any of the Kaplan FL's before, but I've seen all the AAMC tests 3-9 (I forgot everything of course).

I'm saving CBT 10 for a couple weeks before the test.

At least you're improving. It's very very disheartening to see a decline from last year. Makes me question what the hell I'm doing this year rewriting. Maybe I should cop out at the last minute if I feel it went badly.

what did you get the first time... why are you rewriting it again?

Just did EK G1 and got:

PS 9, VR 11, BS 11 = 31

I wrote last year and got a PS 9, VR 13, BS 11 for a 33R. I really want to stay in Canada (more specifically Western if I have a say in it) so here I am writing again to balance that PS score. So going by that PS score on G1 I hope it better starts moving because studying for this thing again is like beating my head against the wall for 10 hrs a day.

Everyone hang in there! I found these scores experience pretty fast growth once they start moving in the right direction. Last year in late June I was around 28ish and I went up 5 points in one month so you got lots of time if you use if efficiently.

Good idea on starting this thread, it is a good motivator.

Just did EK G1 and got:

PS 9, VR 11, BS 11 = 31

I wrote last year and got a PS 9, VR 13, BS 11 for a 33R. I really want to stay in Canada (more specifically Western if I have a say in it) so here I am writing again to balance that PS score.

Retaking with a 33?! I know that Western needs a "triple double" for admission, but that score is great elsewhere. Anyways PS should be easy to improve on, just work on practice problems.

just did EK verbal test # 3

still an 8

i'm finding that there's at least 'one' article that I have absolutely no idea whats going on. Even after reading it. I think it could be that i'm really tired when i get to that passage. It's usually the 2nd last one....arrrrrrg!

Retaking with a 33?! I know that Western needs a "triple double" for admission, but that score is great elsewhere. Anyways PS should be easy to improve on, just work on practice problems.

Yeah I know... It was a tough call for me. If this time doesn't pan out with a 10,10,10 I will be turning my attention elsewhere. But it will work out. I will pull that bugger up at all costs! ;)

Just did Kaplan FL8... not pretty:

30 (12/9/9)

What this doesn't show is I only got 50% on both VR and BS. The score conversions are very weird (inflated) for this test. I doubt 21/40 on VR would get you a 9 on the real deal... :confused:

Kaplan's scales are pretty messed up and NOT realistic. I remember last year I wrote one of their exams and got a 30 overall but failed every section.... Just go look at the AAMC stats and scales. Yet, another reason why I don't like Kaplan...

Gah, this is SO messed up. I did a Princeton Review on Thursday (aka yesterday) and got 28 with a 7 on verbal. I now just finished AAMC 8R and got 35 total with 13 on verbal. The thing is, I did AAMC 8 last year and got 28 with 8 on verbal. I suppose some of the score increase is due to seeing the q's before, but it's been more than a year, so I assume I've forgotten mosttt of it.

Why am I so unstable? People who consistently get 9's should be happy with themselves. My scores for VR fluctuate madly and I'm betting that test day next Friday, they're going to be on the lower end of the stick.

Archived