Premed 101 Forums

July/August Practice Scores Thread

DiscoDoc

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ugh. I just did AAMC 10 and it kicked my butt (except for physical sciences). are ALL of the AMMC the same level difficulty??? bc I found this one reeeeally difficult. just had to vent some of my frustrations as I take up the mounds of questions I got wrong.

AAMC 10, The aftermath:

PS: 13 VR: 10 BS: 13 = 36

I was one away from a 9 on VR :eek: , gotta work on bringing that up. I need that elusive triple-double!

I think that's it for full-lengths for me... I still have AAMC 6, but I'm pretty burned out. Test is in 10 days. I think I'm just gonna do some light reviewing, and passages here and there.

Kingirl, AAMC 9 & 10 are the hardest of the bunch and the newest, thus most indicative of the real thing. so most people say. Have you tried any others? I would have probably saved 10 for last.

AAMC 10, The aftermath:

PS: 13 VR: 10 BS: 13 = 36

I was one away from a 9 on VR :eek: , gotta work on bringing that up. I need that elusive triple-double!

I think that's it for full-lengths for me... I still have AAMC 6, but I'm pretty burned out. Test is in 10 days. I think I'm just gonna do some light reviewing, and passages here and there.

Kingirl, AAMC 9 & 10 are the hardest of the bunch and the newest, thus most indicative of the real thing. so most people say. Have you tried any others? I would have probably saved 10 for last.

Thats still pretty sick DD.

I hate doing VR on computer, it makes me so dizzy. But I guess practice makes perfect, and I only got 2 weeks ish.

I just finished AAMC 5. Will let you all know about the score when I finish marking....

But I know VR will be like a 6 (it wasnt pretty). And BS not more than a 9. I hate meiosis **** and even the Orgo was weird.

At this point, all you can say is "fu*k it".

So I marked the AAMC 5 I took today, and went over the PS. Then my mom shouted that I had to eat or get in big trouble, so having to eat broke my train-of-study, and now I dont wanta see anymore MCAT till tomorrow.

Score...

PS: 14

VR: 8

BS: 11

Total: 33

Piece o' sh*t VR though. Almost got a 7!! And AAMC 5 isnt even supposed to be hard! I think I'm going back to much, so next one I swear I'm really going to limit myself. Actually, I'll try the test without going back once. Ya, thats the plan... I guess VR takes a long time to perfect, and I'm all out of time.

Bio was weird. But whatever, if I can get an 11/12 on the real thing I'll be happy. Just missed a 12 BS by a point. Rats.

Damn, that's a killer PS score, Bane.

To reduce going back in the VR, you either have to increase your short term memory or rely on some sort of passage mapping. At the very least, try to get to a point where you know where in the passage what you're looking for is located, ie. I remember seeing that in the 3rd paragraph. Saves scanning through the whole passage.

well, if it makes you feel better bane i actually got a 26 on 5R :eek: after which i've realized that i definitely need to take a break from studying...going to do another practice tomorrow...hopefully my brain's rested enough :P

Doesnt make me feel better, Tan. Afterall, I'm cheering FOR you, not against you :D But I know what you mean--- its always nice to suffer with someone rather than alone. Hope youre well rested, too! ;)

Damn, that's a killer PS score, Bane.

To reduce going back in the VR, you either have to increase your short term memory or rely on some sort of passage mapping. At the very least, try to get to a point where you know where in the passage what you're looking for is located, ie. I remember seeing that in the 3rd paragraph. Saves scanning through the whole passage.

Thanks DD. The PS score was good, but my mistakes were stupid: i) got a formal charge question wrong (OMFG!) and ii) there was a question about what gas is produced when you put Cu in HNO3. I automatically said H2, and got it wrong for not critically thinking it out. Whatever, I'll be happy with a 14/13 anyday.

Oh, and thanks for the tips on VR... youre right, I think I should only use going back when I know exactly what I'm looking for, or else dont use it. But, I still to improve that short term memory to remember where I'll go back. Idont really like mapping.

But man, dont you guys find that VR is the hardest to do on the cmputer? The others arent that bad, but VR makes me so confused seeing the answers on the comp. Just dizzying. Maybe its just me.

I hate doing VR on the computer...I can't focus enought staring at the screen, and I'm so used to doing it from the EK book grrr.

Thanks for cheering FOR me by the way :D

PS. i made the same mistake on that gas question...didn't even think about it, just put H2 :P at least we can learn from our mistakes (hopefully) :D

I hate doing VR on the computer...I can't focus enought staring at the screen, and I'm so used to doing it from the EK book grrr.

Thanks for cheering FOR me by the way :D

PS. i made the same mistake on that gas question...didn't even think about it, just put H2 :P at least we can learn from our mistakes (hopefully) :D

Me three! :o

HAHAHAHA!!! No way! Does everyone just assume that acid + metal = H2 gas. I guess thats why that question is there.

Damn you MCAT!! DAMN YOU!!!

I'm making a highly-organized study schedule for the next 2 weeks (this is how I procrastinate actually studying :D ) and I only have time to do 3 of AAMC 3-8. Do you guys know which 3 of those are the harder/most realistic ones?

I'll prob end up doing the PS section of all of them anyways.

Anyways, here's my scores for AAMC 10: 8PS 10VR 10BS

Hence the reason I'm doing the PS of them all...

I'm making a highly-organized study schedule for the next 2 weeks (this is how I procrastinate actually studying :D ) and I only have time to do 3 of AAMC 3-8. Do you guys know which 3 of those are the harder/most realistic ones?

Anyways, here's my scores for AAMC 10: 8PS 10VR 10BS

Hence the reason I'm doing the PS of them all...

Good one Ashlay! I got 11, something?, 13 for AAMC 3. Its supposed to be an easier one, whatever that means.

Most representative are the newer ones, so 10, 9, 8, 7,....

I'm doing all the VR from all of them....

Times runnin out.

Yeah, that's a good idea Ashlay. I did the same thing with the BS section (not enough time to do all the FLs, so I just worked on the BS from each). Make sure you get through it early enough that you can find your weak spots and review.

Arg! Just did 6R. Barely broke 31 (10PS, 11VR, 10BS), with so many stupid mistakes in Biol...:P only two weeks left :eek:

Thats solid Tan! If I could get that on the real thing I'd be happy. I know what you mean about "stupid mistakes"-- the CBT is not forgiving!!! :mad:

Thanks bane!

I'm just angry because of those stupid mistakes...or that one Biol passage that I thought I kinda understood and then got every single question wrong :eek:

There is still some time though, so it's all good. Going to do another practice one this week :D

Archived