Premed 101 Forums

July/August Practice Scores Thread

DiscoDoc

I found it kinda difficult, I was so confused at the end haha but I only got 1 wrong on it so it went alright I guess

Okay, guys I've become paranoid. lol

My verbal scores have been 9, good score, 9, good score, 9, good score, 9..................

I'm scared to write my last verbal practice test, get a good score... and then on the real MCAT get a 9! ahhaha

Don't worry too much Law. All of my practice scores were 10s (EK/AAMC), with a single 11 in there. I got 12 on the real thing!

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm doing one AAMC test per week until my test date (Aug 20th), so I might as well join in.

AAMC 8 (PBT):

PS 13

VR 11

BS 12

Total: 36

AAMC 9 (PBT):

PS 13

VR 12

BS 15 (!)

Total: 40

I'm really surprised by that 15. The funny thing is that I finished that section with 23 minutes left on the clock, and I thought about going back and double-checking everything, but I just didn't feel like it.

I don't know what it is about me and 13s on the PS. I've taken the real MCAT twice now, and I got 13 on the PS section both times. I just can't seem to break that ceiling.

I'm doing one AAMC test per week until my test date (Aug 20th), so I might as well join in.

AAMC 8 (PBT):

PS 13

VR 11

BS 12

Total: 36

AAMC 9 (PBT):

PS 13

VR 12

BS 15 (!)

Total: 40

I'm really surprised by that 15. The funny thing is that I finished that section with 23 minutes left on the clock, and I thought about going back and double-checking everything, but I just didn't feel like it.

I don't know what it is about me and 13s on the PS. I've taken the real MCAT twice now, and I got 13 on the PS section both times. I just can't seem to break that ceiling.

Its mostly luck I'd say-- getting lucky that you're asked questions you can very easily handle. Of course getting a 13 to begin with is not luck at all. Good one PBF! :P

BTW, what are you using for VR practice, and what section are you trying to overcome?

Sheesh.... a 40. What's with people these day :D

Its mostly luck I'd say-- getting lucky that you're asked questions you can very easily handle. Of course getting a 13 to begin with is not luck at all. Good one PBF! :P

BTW, what are you using for VR practice, and what section are you trying to overcome?

I'm not really doing much to practice VR specifically. I've read for pleasure my entire life, and that experience seems to do it for me.

The first time I took the exam, for circumstances beyond my control, I was on only two hours' worth of sleep, I was nauseous the whole time, and it was basically the worst testing experience of my life. Later on, I got back my results: 13 PS, 12 VR, 11 BS, and a P on the writing sample. Total 36P.

So I figure that if I did that well while feeling absolutely horrible, I should be able to do even better the second time around. I retake it a few months later, and get 13 PS, 08 VR, 13 BS, and an S on the writing sample. Total 34S. I simply have no idea what the hell happened with VR - reading comprehension is typically something I'm very good at. Something must have gone horribly wrong somewhere.

Anyway, I figure that the third time's the charm. I have two weeks to study, and I think I know where all my weak spots are. I feel confident that I can break 40 this time around.

Yeah, verbal is a wild card. I think you should definitely try to do a bit of practice at least, because while I also read quite a bit, I find that it's not quite the same. Verbal is a special kind of reading (although, you did initially score a 12!!)... I hate that about this test. Verbal can very easily go one way or another.

But think of the freedom that will ensue immediately following the MCAT I CAN"T WAITTT

I like the shawshank redemption quote someone over at sd gave: I've been in prison so long, it's all I know. Just got out... now what?

I like the shawshank redemption quote someone over at sd gave: I've been in prison so long, it's all I know. Just got out... now what?

ahaha, wasn't it DD who gave that?

Orchid - I am doing a bit of "leisurely" studying to try to calm my nerves and I'm going to check out the test centre and chillax!

bane - YOU"RE ALMOST FREE TOO!

us premeds are launching our own prisonbreak

I have the rights to this statement. You have infringed on my copyright. Please pay the sum of $1.50 or face the wrath of my legal team!! :D

Me toooo:eek:

Whats every1 planning to do today..I want to stay away from books.but i think..i am just going to look over kaplan formula sheets and review some WS promts/examples...

If you gotta review, you review. No point hitting the theaters when you've got fallopian tubes and LH on the mind.

Archived