Premed 101 Forums

July/August Practice Scores Thread

DiscoDoc

I just did AAMC 9... ugh I found verbal so hard.

I scored 11, 9, 12.

Yay about PS and BS though!! Highest scores to date.

Hells yeah, you definitely want your highest scores to be in the later tests. Good job on the BS. :D The first time I took AAMC 9 I got an 8 there.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just did AAMC 9... ugh I found verbal so hard.

I scored 11, 9, 12.

Yay about PS and BS though!! Highest scores to date.

Sick. I'd be really happy with that score man. Your VR seems to be getting stronger every time. Thats awesome.

My VR is so random. Anything from 8-11 goes. I'm going to do AAMC 6 tomorrow. Tonight just go over some EK101 Bio.

Hells yeah, you definitely want your highest scores to be in the later tests. Good job on the BS. :D The first time I took AAMC 9 I got an 8 there.

Awsome scores! keep working on that verbal :D

Sick. I'd be really happy with that score man. Your VR seems to be getting stronger every time. Thats awesome.

My VR is so random. Anything from 8-11 goes. I'm going to do AAMC 6 tomorrow. Tonight just go over some EK101 Bio.

Thanks guys! Verbal is so confusing, I've scored anywhere from 7-12 in verbal. I think I was going too slow in verbal, I'm usually much more stingy about time but this time I kept giving myself a bit more time and I ended up short-changed at the end. Oh well, just keep on practicing! I feel good about improving though, must do more verbal!

Ugh. Fu*k. Just got harassed with AAMC 6....

PS: 10

VR: 9

BS: 13

I cant stand it. Sometimes I do wicked at PS, then I bomb it. AAMC 5 I got a 14 PS. I thought the questions of AAMC5 were so straighforward-- do the math, know your chem, do the kinematics, get the score. In AAMC6 the q's were so damned abstract and *tricky*. Oh well, better to make mistakes now and address them rather than later.

Kinda happy with VR-- just missed a 10 by a point. Rats. I looked back, and saw I changed the right answer to the wrong one... 3 times!! But my timing was ok this time. I'm going balls out for VR. Only 2 weeks left.:eek:

BS was ok. I liked the passages. Nothing gay on hormones and meiosis crap. Made some dumb orgo mistakes. But really happy with a 13 anyday.

Overall....coulda been worse, so thank God for what it was.

But getting a 10PS makes me wanta hurl.

Getting a 10VR would make me very HAPPEEE!!

Solid score bane!! You're gonna slay this beast.

There's a lot of luck involved, but it's great to see that you held up at a 10 despite them throwing fancy voodoo at you. :) Verbal, just keep practicing and you'll be set!!

Hey. Thanks Law. Cheering for you too man. Just want solid 10/11's across the board. I'd much rather have that than very high in one area and shi*ty in another.

keep at it bane....you'll get the scores you want!!

Thanks for your support bro! :D

awsome score bane! i found some PS passages in 6R weird and most of them had no calculations, just weird reasoning. Awsome BS score though. I thought it was okay, except that one passage on the genetic disease - killed me :P

two weeks left....:eek:

hey Tan! Ya, PS AAMC 6 was kinda abstract. I was reviewing it and the thing about taking up a test, you just can't help but wonder how you coulda made such silly mistakes. But really, it was WEEIRD!

BS was solid, ya. That genetic disease passage I was like.... right:rolleyes: . I saved it for last, since I knew I would really overthink it if I didnt. But it didnt even make sense to me after reading it! Oh well, whatever.

If I can do a full-length and review it one day, then do VR, WS, and more bio practice the other day, I think I'll be using my time well.

Another day... gone. Can't believe I've been crossing them off my calendar since Day "50 days left".

Hey guys I've been reading your posts as of late and can see that your Dday is approaching, your Practice test scores look great and I'm sure you'll all do fine, I write on the 25th so any tips you guys can give after your done writing and even give your experiences compared to a practice test would help thankz :)

Good luck

P.S. Verbal also scares me (right now Im practicing that using EK)

Hey guys I've been reading your posts as of late and can see that your Dday is approaching, your Practice test scores look great and I'm sure you'll all do fine, I write on the 25th so any tips you guys can give after your done writing and even give your experiences compared to a practice test would help thankz :)

Good luck

P.S. Verbal also scares me (right now Im practicing that using EK)

I guess a lot of us are using EK VR. I like the strategy. I'm writing out the main ideas still, even though they say not to. I find that if I dont write it down to guide me, I'll forget it and get distracted. But my scores are really variable, 7-11. Most often 8/9, with one 7 (i think all summer). I just hope I can improve some more and be consistent.

Yeh so far for me its been pretty variable, but I've seen some improvement after the odd crappy score, I still have 4-5 tests left from the 101 passages book and all the AAMC tests left, so I hope I can bring my score up with that too. I also think its a mind over matter kind of thing, If instead of attacking verbal as something thats "hard" I'm gonna try not to even think about that and just do a test and see how that works out for me.

Yeh so far for me its been pretty variable, but I've seen some improvement after the odd crappy score, I still have 4-5 tests left from the 101 passages book and all the AAMC tests left, so I hope I can bring my score up with that too. I also think its a mind over matter kind of thing, If instead of attacking verbal as something thats "hard" I'm gonna try not to even think about that and just do a test and see how that works out for me.

Exactly man. "Be confident, not confused". I'm gonna harass the author :P

Man,I am soo scared for my Aug 14th. I just cant seem to get any better! I'm so scared I'll bomb VR, get a scary PS, and a crazy BS, along with a WS I can't understand.

VR is just so scary. Timing is the roughest, even though I limit going back. Ugh. need to practice big time.

Man, I can barely sleep without dreaming about the freakin test! I only have 11 days!!! :eek:

Archived