Premed 101 Forums

July/August Practice Scores Thread

DiscoDoc

am I the only one who doesnt like EK verbal... I score way higher on AAMC verbal than EK verbal... :confused:

EK's tough, but I think it's good to get used to that level of difficulty. It's a bit harder than AAMC, but then if on test day, you get a bit harder material it won't be a total shock

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SIGH, I just did verbal for AAMC 7 and ended up with a 9. :(

Ugh, I'm going to get a 9 on test-day. That's 3 times I've been 1 question off from a 10. All three of my 9s could have been 10s. SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You never know. Mb on the actual thing everyone will get that one question wrong and they will bell for it :D Besides, verbal is sooooo random and unpredictable that you never know how it might go (I had scores ranging from 14 to 9 on EK exams).

I just realized this funny pattern... my score keeps going 9, 11, 9, 12, 9, 11, 9 hahahaha maybe I should stop verbal and wait for test day

ooh so that makes 4 9s and 2 11s and 1 12

i see another kind of pattern in ur scores...as in 9/11

-could law be the mcat terrorist?

-no doubt about it

:P

i see another kind of pattern in ur scores...as in 9/11

-could law be the mcat terrorist?

-no doubt about it

:P

I WISH I WAS the MCAT terrorist!

Wow. waste of a day....

Just did AAMC 8....

PS:14

VR:8

BS:10

Moral of the story....

FU*KIN' VERBAL!!!

I feel your pain man. VERBAL SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Yeah and you have scored 10s + so it's definitely possible! Ugh, only verbal gets me so angry haha... how does my 4 minutes of learning about prostitution, or the artist cezanne demonstrate that I'd make a good doctor :S

Verbal is stupido!

that passage about Cezzanne was pretty sick though. I liked how an artist was being objective-- turning from the dark side of subjectiveness so characteristic of art.

Down with arts! :P

Yeah and you have scored 10s + so it's definitely possible! Ugh, only verbal gets me so angry haha... how does my 4 minutes of learning about prostitution, or the artist cezanne demonstrate that I'd make a good doctor :S

Verbal is stupido!

Is that the prostitution passage from EK?

that passage about Cezzanne was pretty sick though. I liked how an artist was being objective-- turning from the dark side of subjectiveness so characteristic of art.

Down with arts! :P

Hahah the passage that nailed me on that test was the one on unprecedented longevity of life

I just totally bombed it, and I found it easy to understand so I have no clue what happened there... ended up with like 1/5 or something.

The passage was great, easy to understand and ish. But the questions were ridiculous... That was one of a few passages that made me throw up my hands and scream :wtf.gif

I found it kinda difficult, I was so confused at the end haha but I only got 1 wrong on it so it went alright I guess

Okay, guys I've become paranoid. lol

My verbal scores have been 9, good score, 9, good score, 9, good score, 9..................

I'm scared to write my last verbal practice test, get a good score... and then on the real MCAT get a 9! ahhaha

Hahah the passage that nailed me on that test was the one on unprecedented longevity of life

I just totally bombed it, and I found it easy to understand so I have no clue what happened there... ended up with like 1/5 or something.

lol, ya that's the thing...an easy passage can have hard questions and a hard passage can have easier questions...that's why ek doesn't recommend skipping around to do "easier" psgs first. :P

lol, ya that's the thing...an easy passage can have hard questions and a hard passage can have easier questions...that's why ek doesn't recommend skipping around to do "easier" psgs first. :P

Yeah, I'm not a fan of that either. I just read it in order and go with the flow!

8 minutes/passage, and like 8 minutes and 20 seconds max for the ones with 7 questions haha

Archived