• Created
  • Last Reply

AAMC 9 in the can...

PS: 44/52 = 12

VR: 35/40 = 11 (forgot to answer one) :mad:

BS: 46/52 = 12

Total 35

This test was HARD!

An improvement from last year where I got 11/10/9, albeit with the full-length test. First time I've ever done better at BS than PS.. :confused:

I'm Starting to burn out with all these full lengths. I'm doing my last one 8 days before the test.

Good luck all August MCAT'ers!! :D

Yeah, I'm doing them on comp just to get used to the feel. I guess I should study orgo lol, I got 4 orgo questions wrong / 14... maybe could have gotten them right if I had actually studied orgo... grrr

Haha. Pleezzz. We know you studied orgo. Lol.

AAMC 9 in the can...

PS: 44/52 = 12

VR: 35/40 = 11 (forgot to answer one) :mad:

BS: 46/52 = 12

Total 35

This test was HARD!

An improvement from last year where I got 11/10/9, albeit with the full-length test. First time I've ever done better at BS than PS.. :confused:

I'm Starting to burn out with all these full lengths. I'm doing my last one 8 days before the test.

Good luck all August MCAT'ers!! :D

That's a pretty sweet score.

I'm not sure what happened here, as my score is higher than any of my previous TPR diag's...

PS-10

VR -10

BS-11

Total: 31

This is my first aamc test and I thought it was easier than TPR's. Anyone else feel that way? The BS especially, I didn't know squat but still came off with an 85%.

Do you guys think the aamc tests are representative of the real thing? If so...I guess I'm pleased.

I'm not sure what happened here, as my score is higher than any of my previous TPR diag's...

PS-10

VR -10

BS-11

Total: 31

This is my first aamc test and I thought it was easier than TPR's. Anyone else feel that way? The BS especially, I didn't know squat but still came off with an 85%.

Do you guys think the aamc tests are representative of the real thing? If so...I guess I'm pleased.

AAMC 3 was my first one and I got 10, 11, 10... my previous high was 7, 9, 9 (TPR)... so I'm hoping the AAMC ones are more representative!

I just did AAMC 9:

8 PS

11 VR

10 BS

Sucks cause my total's only 29... I'm blaming my PS mark on the fact that I haven't studied waves/optics yet. Did you guys see that on the "detailed score report" how it says # of easy, medium and difficult questions? Apparently I got both "easy" chem questions wrong. They didn't even make sense to me!

I just did AAMC 9:

8 PS

11 VR

10 BS

Sucks cause my total's only 29... I'm blaming my PS mark on the fact that I haven't studied waves/optics yet. Did you guys see that on the "detailed score report" how it says # of easy, medium and difficult questions? Apparently I got both "easy" chem questions wrong. They didn't even make sense to me!

Ya, a bad mark can be determined by what content you get tested on.

I didnt know jack about Elecromagnetism, optics, electrochem or sound when I did AAMC3 so i got a 10. whatever. practice makes perfect. I'll see how I do on AAMC 4.

But for AAMC9, cant say 29 is shabby. ;)

oh man.. i need a place to vent LOL.. stupid kaplan... ok the deal was for my fl 1 i got like.. 8 for verbal.. and then another 8 on fl2

fl 3 was like.. 7

fl 4 is like 6

wth(eck).. i'm droppin MAD ><

however.. fl6... lol i got a 10!

wht's wrong wif me

oh man.. i need a place to vent LOL.. stupid kaplan... ok the deal was for my fl 1 i got like.. 8 for verbal.. and then another 8 on fl2

fl 3 was like.. 7

fl 4 is like 6

wth(eck).. i'm droppin MAD ><

however.. fl6... lol i got a 10!

wht's wrong wif me

are you shotgunning tests? if that is the case maybe that might be it

I know tests don't drive cars and thus don't have front seats one can sit in... :P

Care to translate?

i wrote that when I was half asleep.

I mean't to say, are you writing one test after another? or did you space them out? I found a lot of friends that just one test after the other started doing progressively worse cuz they got frustrated

Also, I can relate to you in some respects because i have scores that fluctuate, by around +/- 2. I'm doing less questions than last year (practicing for CBT length), so when i get a passage that I don't know really well, then I end up missing a bunch of questions and that drops my score a lot more. therefore less questions = greater luck/chance factor involved.

Does any1 find the scoring for CBT more rigid? As in for the PS, for example, 11-12 wronmg drops ur score to a 9..This wasnt the case for the paper MCAT was it?

And verbal is very frustrating..I dont know what to do:(..I am practising passages everyday but still end up picking the wrong answer..always getting between 6-8..I write on 9th aug...

Ohh MCAT..i hate you

Does any1 find the scoring for CBT more rigid? As in for the PS, for example, 11-12 wronmg drops ur score to a 9..This wasnt the case for the paper MCAT was it?

And verbal is very frustrating..I dont know what to do:(..I am practising passages everyday but still end up picking the wrong answer..always getting between 6-8..I write on 9th aug...

Ohh MCAT..i hate you

Well the paper MCAT was longer, so the score conversions were different. I think it's still more or less proportional. However, with the shortened test, there is less room for error. The absolute number of questions you can get wrong and still end up with score X is less.

yeah, there's not much room for error at all, especially on verbal. On the last practice test I did I only got 5 wrong on verbal but I got a score of 11. Which I'm satisfied with... but still 11 doesn't seem that high for 88%, and who knows I may have just lucked out on a lot of the questions I got right.

Archived