Premed 101 Forums

OMSAS 2008 questions

Hi all

If you were awarded a scholarship, but chose not to accept it because you were awarded an even better one (aka more $$$) in the same year, would you still put it down in your ABS?

I know it sounds silly, but they were both lengthy, competitive PhD grants :(

I'm thinking of saying something like "...... award (value: /yr, declined)"

does that sound horrible??

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi all

If you were awarded a scholarship, but chose not to accept it because you were awarded an even better one (aka more $$$) in the same year, would you still put it down in your ABS?

Why even mention you declined it?

Hi all

hahaha, no I wouldnt put it in, coz you didnt accept the award .. that would be just pointless.

ok question..it seems that verifiers are only needed for some schools like ottawa and northern ontario...does that mean that if i'm applying to queens and western, i don't need to put verifiers? furthermore, how likely is it that someone from gta and uoft can get into northen ontario?

edit: when i talk about adding verifiers for queens and western...i mean in the sketch..cause i know you HAVE to put them in for all submissions.

Archived