Premed 101 Forums

Queens WS

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I believe they said the cutoffs will be posted within a week.

Great, thanks for the info. I'm sitting at a Q for WS, so hopefully it hasn't been increased more than 1 point. I can't possibly imagine that they'd raise any one cutoff by 2 or more points this year when the applicant pool is that much smaller. Either way, I'd imagine then that the cutoffs will be either:

10/10/10 30Q

or

9/10/9 32Q

First one I meet, second I don't...

Oh God, let the GPA stay the same. Or drop.

I think going from a P to a Q is a huge jump especially with a smaller applicant pool. I remember talking to them last year at this fair and they said that they would try really hard to get around having the gpa go up to 3.7 if they could.

Maybe they are planning to interview less people? I dont see how they could afford to given that its almost 1:1 as it is.

Sorry guys! I should have written in greater detail, didn't mean to cause so much anxiety ><.

Okay, the admin lady didn't want to speak in absolutes

but she said that the MCAT verbal/bio/physics scores "may not" go up.

but the WS is higher this year.

I didn't ask about GPA.

They're interviewing about the same number of people as last year i believe even though there are less applicants.

And again I emphasis, she really didn't say that anything was "for sure". So when the cutoffs are actually posted, things may be different! So we probably don't need to over speculate :).

Really? I find it's not bothering me as much. (And no I don't have a super high MCAT or GPA before people say I'm being egotistical...I'm pretty much borderline right now). I guess I am just in denial that this year is so important lol.

Well, my GPA is a bit below last year's cutoff, so I originally relegated myself to not getting an interview, and would be very pleasantly surprised if I go get one - so if the cut-offs go up or stay the same, I won't be devastated or anything, but still.

Really? I find it's not bothering me as much. (And no I don't have a super high MCAT or GPA before people say I'm being egotistical...I'm pretty much borderline right now). I guess I am just in denial that this year is so important lol.

Well, I'm currently in the 2nd year of a M.Sc. and have been through this process once already. Queen's and UoT are probably the two schools I have the best chance at, and I'd rather not have to come up with something to do (which would probably be a 5th year of undergraduate study) for next year. I'd really like to get on with it - especially since I've made the decision to forgo transfering to the Ph.D. stream for next year, and have thus given up a very solid backup plan in order to focus on medical school entry.

This is a bit strange. The GPA stays the same as does all the other sections of the MCAT. Yet the writing section goes up?!? There are quite a bit fewer applicants and in a previous post they want to interview the same number, so shouldn't the cutoffs stay the same or go down...?

Though I'm just trying to create some hope for myself with an O on the writing section lol. It's most likely because this smaller group presented with much higher stats that last year. Sigh...

Well I'm hoping for something like a 9 PS/BS, 10 VR and a 3.76 two year GPA.

If they can get that by raising the WS to a Q and going with a 32 overall MCAT that's fine by me.

If any of you have a Mac with Leopard don't forget that you can take snippets of a webpage (like the Queen's cutoffs for example) and have it open in your dashboard. Saves precious seconds in your daily refresh routine. ;)

If any of you have a Mac with Leopard don't forget that you can take snippets of a webpage (like the Queen's cutoffs for example) and have it open in your dashboard. Saves precious seconds in your daily refresh routine. ;)

hehehe that's not a bad idea... lol and i haven't been obsessing about the cutoffs lately (b/c i just expected them to stay the same... but if ws is going up... web snippet is my best friend)

Archived