Premed 101 Forums

Queens WS

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hahaha let's PETITION!! for the posting of the cutoffs! ... but wow that would suck if the cutoff has changed that much... we should get people to call in with fake stats to try and figure out the cuts: ie 10/15/15, 15/10/15, 15/15/10 etc... to figure out which section(s) has/have changed, then do the same with the letters... then move on to gpa! I know it sounds crazy, but it would be more effective than everyone calling in their own stats, because sooner or later the people in the office are going to get fed up and say they can't say anything.

hahaha let's PETITION!! for the posting of the cutoffs! ... but wow that would suck if the cutoff has changed that much... we should get people to call in with fake stats to try and figure out the cuts: ie 10/15/15, 15/10/15, 15/15/10 etc... to figure out which section(s) has/have changed, then do the same with the letters... then move on to gpa! I know it sounds crazy, but it would be more effective than everyone calling in their own stats, because sooner or later the people in the office are going to get fed up and say they can't say anything.

Ahahaha, that's a great idea!:P

I don't think it's 33 total, cuz I know someone who called with a 32R (12P-10-10) and was told they were fine. This makes me think it's a total of 32 (or maybe less) and R for WS. That's the picture I get based on all the info strewn throughout this thread and on what my friend who called told me.

32R would be great for me, but I'm at 3.76 2-year (my cumulative is like 3.52 or smth, so I'm definitely going for the 2-year cut-off), so I'm more concerned about the GPA, anyway.

Urgh, I don't want to have to panic about this till Feb. 1.:rolleyes: Maybe calling is better, indeed, since they seem to have no problem telling things to people over the phone.:confused:

What was your friend's gpa if you don't mind me asking? Personally I dont see how the GPA could go up after making it an R. Then again i personally couldnt have seen how it was possible to jack it up to an R in the first place!

Just a shot in the dark. Does anyone believe the acceptance procedure has changed? Maybe the answers to the 5 questions could have some effect?

Im going to say no, cuz people have been calling and giving their stats and based on that they know whether or not they will be receiving an interview

yeah, when i called she was pretty clear that they just weren't posting the cutoffs this year, and on the website the only thing that was changed in december on the 'method of selection' link was that the line saying 'cutoffs would be posted in the new year blahblahblah' was removed.

I want to confirm that the PS & VR could not have gone up since I was told that I am "good" & I have 10 10 14 T (with a cGPA of 3.95). I didn't really want to post my stats, but I think that this clarifies the situation for all of us who are agonizing over it. It must be that the WS (& maybe the cumulative MCAT score) rose this application cycle.

Good luck to all.

I want to confirm that the PS & VR could not have gone up since I was told that I am "good" & I have 10 10 14 T (with a cGPA of 3.95). I didn't really want to post my stats, but I think that this clarifies the situation for all of us who are agonizing over it. It must be that the WS (& maybe the cumulative MCAT score) rose this application cycle.

Good luck to all.

Yeah this definetely clarifies it.

So based on the info we have:

- a cGPA of at most 3.69 (but possibly 3.68 like last year)

- mcat of at most 32R (but could be 10 10 R 10, we dont know for sure)

guys, i just called and they said it sounds like i might be on the interview list. this was after she asked me to tell my gpa (best 2 years) and mcat scores. and because i was shocked, i asked her again: are you sure? i only have a 9 in verbal. and she said yes. :eek:

Wow... now I'm getting all confused. Why drop verbal and raise WS?

Did they go 9/9/9 32R?

Hey Guys,

So I'm pretty disappointed, Jennifer told me that I'm not getting an interview with a wGPA of 3.87 and an MCAT of 11PS/10BS/10VR/Q. So either the WS and/or BS have gone up - but she did ask me if I wrote it previous year(s) b/c if so I think they may use a score from a section if it was higher previously. Also, I am a grad student and currently we don't have any special review but they are considering changing it for next year. Holy high MCAT cut offs this year!! Good luck, and I think Jennifer is going to stop telling people soon.

Archived