Premed 101 Forums

Queens WS

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But they did say they were using some sort of a cutoff system, and how could they have told people they were "fine" simply by hearing their stats? you would need to take the stats, subject them to the more complicated system, which would mean that they couldn't tell you right away whether u were fine or whether you were rejected

Even tho I really wanna side with you

Did the people calling say their names? maybe there's a master list that Jennifer has and she's just checking names? or did they just say their stats?

Did the people calling say their names? maybe there's a master list that Jennifer has and she's just checking names? or did they just say their stats?

nope..they arent allowed to do that i think, but i heard queen's is nice like that; when people got waitlisted they didnt mind telling them whether or not "they will hear from Queen's soon or not"

For the most part people just threw stats at them and they got a response.

I think we are all a bit obsessive compulsive.

Ha ha ha... I took Abnormal Psychology & the prof told us that, if we had made it this far in our educations, it's because we are probably somewhat abnormal psychologically. I think the word he used was "anal"... lol He proceeded to point out the irony in the fact that health professionals (ie. psychologists, physicians, etc) are supposed to treat those with mental illnesses, but are probably not the best suited to this because they are so abnormal themselves. This sample is even worst than the students in that class because we pre-meds.

daryn, I couldn't agree more ;)

I have to say, I would be VERY surprised if Queens interviewed less people than in years past... as many of you probably know, Queens traditionally has a tougher time filling their class with their initial offers and often goes quite deep on their waitlist.

This is all very interesting...

I don't think it's 33 total, cuz I know someone who called with a 32R (12P-10-10) and was told they were fine. This makes me think it's a total of 32 (or maybe less) and R for WS. That's the picture I get based on all the info strewn throughout this thread and on what my friend who called told me.

so based on this post, I dont think it will be higher than R. That would be insane.

One of the selling points of PBL is that it will save money.

So I guess Mac is really raking in the dough by having large# of applicants "testing their luck" and using a less costly system.

I always thought the downside of PBL was that it cost money and you don't learn as much with the given time, but you learn it better?

I always thought the downside of PBL was that it cost money and you don't learn as much with the given time, but you learn it better?

Oops, I think my brain was in left field when I read your original post. Somehow, I read PBL as MMI.

I'm not sure if PBL is cheaper than traditional didactic, but they claim MMI is cheaper than regular interviewing. Regardless, I didn't apply to mac.

Aite guys some big news, interesting news, and maybe some bad news.

Lifesci career fair night at Queen's so I had to bombard Jenn Saunders with a few questions.

I asked if there was any inflation seen with the MCAT CBT - she said that there was none HOWEVER verbal scores seemed to be lower this year, and they think that the scrolling down during the CBT affected the scores or something...anyways somehow they applicant pool had a lower VR score but she did not allude to the cutoff for VR dropping

I asked about post interview assessment - apparently this year the interview will be weighted more than the 5 Qs and the reference letters.

I asked if there was any inflation with the MCAT CBT WS - She said simply replied by saying "I'm going to guess you have a P"

She mentioned that it is *possible* we find out this friday or saturday

She was a very lovely lady! I sincerely enjoyed conversing with her.

I just wanted to relay what was told to me (MOST if not all of it is verbatim), so I don't mean to imply anything or give anyone false hope.

Archived