Premed 101 Forums

Queens WS

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just recieved this email, haha looks like whoever was suggesting earlier that they'd eventually get fed up with the calls was right :P

The Queen's School of Medicine is currently reviewing your application.

Due to small changes within the process of the administration of our

applications, we will not be releasing our academic requirements at this

time. You will be emailed (and sent a follow up letter by regular mail)

with the status of this application by January 30.

Please note: Due to the high volume of calls, we will be unable to provide

you with the status of your application prior to this time.

Thank you.

Jennifer Saunders

Admissions Officer

Was this because you emailed them and asked, or is this a standardized email sent out to everyone? Because I didn't get anything.

I don't think it's 33 total, cuz I know someone who called with a 32R (12P-10-10) and was told they were fine. This makes me think it's a total of 32 (or maybe less) and R for WS. That's the picture I get based on all the info strewn throughout this thread and on what my friend who called told me.
jochi, can you confirm again that this person had a 10 in bio and was told that he/she was good for an interview?

and it seems my utoronto email isn't working. gah. :mad:

I hate to sound like a skeptic too but an R cutoff really is far-fetched... there's no way that could be possible. I'm screwed regardless (9PS 11VR 10BS Q) but I'm thinking a total of 33 is more plausible, or the 11 BS cutoff.

I am seriously regretting applying now though... what a waste of time and $$.

I highly doubt they are imposing an R cutoff. That sounds absolutely ridiculous.

I think they might be imposing an R cutoff but i find that really hard to believe as well...and i understand where u guys are coming from - its absolutely insane and really scary how competitive its getting. Before it was getting competitive but you still had an idea of where you stood, now you just don't know what could happen in the admissions process. Quite frankly, if I were to go back in time and make a bet with myself over my pinkie finger as to whether or not the cutoff would rise to R...i woulda probably bet the pinkie finger!

Guys remember that UWO now has an Honours requirement so it can't be as bad as queens!

hahaha i feel the need to add to my disbelief in it being an R... and again because i have a Q!!

Maybe we're missing out on something... like they have repeatedly said "changes in the process" and not "changes in cutoffs" if the cutoffs have changed, that's part of their regular process...

maybe by "changing the process", they mean they're not putting so much weight on the mcat. I mean, cutting off applicants with otherwise stellar records just because of a one day test doesn't seem like a very wise move if they want to select the best candidates.

But then again, maybe we should just all stop speculating, and wait until Queen's knows what's going on themselves :P It seems like .. even THEY are not sure.

The next two weeks is going to go soooo slowly.

I'm going to get fat off of those donuts, Jochi.

Well someone mentioned that they had a 9 Verbal and were told that they were likely on the interview list. I wish we had a few more people call/post before they closed off the info so we could determine if the other sections might be a 9 as well.

...I'm also concerned about how my 3.76 over two years is going to hold up. :rolleyes:

See I originally thought that maybe they developed like something of an equation, kind of like UofC but maybe more complicated and so to avoid mass confusion they decided to not post it. However if that were the case they wouldnt have been able to tell people whether they are "good" or that they will not receive an interview right away upon hearing scores, in other words ud have to plug the stats and wait for a number.

Its hard not to obssess; this is a lifelong dream for many. Posting here makes everyone feel better; from those that have been assured and those that don't. I must not forget to let this affect my schoolwork and my other commitments!

Archived