Premed 101 Forums

Interviews Out!!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hey, which ID/password do you use for that? I've been trying my CCID and password for my email but they're not working?

OOP

3.84 overall gpa not sure about prereq

14PS/12BS/10VR R

ECs: a few jobs, typical volunteering

you have to use your application ID for that, which is different from your CCID. my app ID looks like this: U#######jg. And you should have a password associated with this too. check your old emails if you don't know you ID/password.

Hi all,

After I had lost all hope, I came home last night and got my interview invite. Sent around 5pm MST. March 15 11:30, yay! Unfortunately, it falls on the same date as the Deans reception at U of A law school (I've been accepted for fall as my backup!). But I don't think I'll complain ;). See some of you on the 15th.

Congrats to everyone who received interviews!! U of A is a great school! I remember being in your position last year, and I remember the relief of getting an interview. Best of luck to all of you, and I hope to meet some of you!

In years past, I have also been on the rejection end of things, so I know how it feels for those of you who did not receive an interview this year. Hope you get good news from other schools, and if not, I hope this doesn't get you down too much.

you have to use your application ID for that, which is different from your CCID. my app ID looks like this: U#######jg. And you should have a password associated with this too. check your old emails if you don't know you ID/password.

thanks alot

.. I think their 72 hour policy is pretty dumb.

You're expected to read your email, read all the attachments, take a picture, resize/crop/everything, and send it back within 72 hours?

.. That's a lot to expect. What if your internet goes down, or you don't have access to internet for a couple of days? Or if you're too busy to read the documents? Or, like me, you don't have a digital camera?

Do they REALLY need the picture THAT quickly?

Rant ><

they do say in one of the attachments that the pic is simply to speed up the process...so, it may not be essential to have it back to them that fast, but i might call. i actually didnt have one of my references counted for months b/c my referee submitted his letter w/o my uofa number. i never checked my uofa email, and they wanted it way back when the app was due. i got it to them a few wks ago and apologized. i still got an interview. hopefully, and likely, they'll be just as lenient w/ you.

________

OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER (OCD) FORUMS

Nothing here.

Are they sending them all out today? How about people who are rejected?

if you don't get an email, you don't find out that you're rejected (officially) until may 15 when they do the final round.

if you haven't heard by the time interviews are, you've been rejected though.

great system...:P

i'd much rather have a straight up "no" than having to wait and wait and wait...

.. I think their 72 hour policy is pretty dumb.

You're expected to read your email, read all the attachments, take a picture, resize/crop/everything, and send it back within 72 hours?

.. That's a lot to expect. What if your internet goes down, or you don't have access to internet for a couple of days? Or if you're too busy to read the documents? Or, like me, you don't have a digital camera?

Do they REALLY need the picture THAT quickly?

Rant ><

Yeah, the part that bugged me about it is that they never told us what day the interviews would come out, so it's not like people knew that Friday would be the day...or Monday or Tuesday, since they never publicly stated that the interviews would be sent over the course of several days, either. Seriously, thank god for this forum, lol. I'd probably still be in the dark otherwise.

So is everyone thinking the picture has to be within 700-800 kb? I read that at first and just thought they didn't want any bigger than that, and wouldn't mind if it was a lot smaller ( I sent mine and it was about 35kB). I also didn't worry about the length of the edges (how many pixels in an inch anyways?).

Do you guys think I should send another one of larger file size and make it 5 inches or is it okay? I never got an email back after sending the picture.

PS Also, they dont really say which email to send it to, I guessed just reply to the one that sent the invite??

I sent in my picture, and it was 800kb, but it was definitely greater than 5'

And I'm ashamed to say this, but when I was resizing the image on photoshop, I also made the lighting better, and trimmed back some messy hair. I hope they don't mind I did some post-photo touchups :D

I picked the best-looking "appropriate" pic of me, as well.:D

Archived