Premed 101 Forums

How'd they go?

Apparently my 4th year project supervisor is on the panel, and she confirms that there are a list of questions that are preset and must be asked. However other questions that are generated are highly variable from 1 interviewee to another..and can be based on the 5 questions and the sketch.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

with regards to the behavioural targeted selection method, i remember finding a link to a well written article on these forums somewhere that discussed the different interview styles and the different approaches to dealing with these types of interviews. Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about and still have the link? hahaha thanks a bunch!

with regards to the behavioural targeted selection method, i remember finding a link to a well written article on these forums somewhere that discussed the different interview styles and the different approaches to dealing with these types of interviews. Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about and still have the link? hahaha thanks a bunch!

I've searched, but to no avail! Maybe someone else will find it.

but I'm not crazy right? there was a link to something like that? someone remembers what I am talking about? hahaha it's because I've been looking for this thing for a while now, and have met with little success. I bookmarked it on my old computer... but it died... :(

A couple of things...

With regards to the shorter length: One of my classmates told me that her interview last year was 35 minutes long... and she got in! So no worries if your interview was short!

With regards to them not writing down things: My interviewers last year didn't write down that many things down either while I was talking. However, two of them scribbled like mad when I got into a really involved conversation with the community member and wasn't looking directly at them. I'm not sure, but it may have just been a politeness thing on the interviewers' parts if they didn't write while you were still making eye contact with them.

With regards to your interview not being very conversation-like: Mine last year wasn't very conservation-like, but it turned out good for me. I got askd a whole bunch of questions, I answered them, and we had a few laughs inbetween. So I wouldn't worry if you didn't get a chance to get all chummy with your interviewers chatting about movies.

A couple of things...

With regards to the shorter length: One of my classmates told me that her interview last year was 35 minutes long... and she got in! So no worries if your interview was short!

With regards to them not writing down things: My interviewers last year didn't write down that many things down either while I was talking. However, two of them scribbled like mad when I got into a really involved conversation with the community member and wasn't looking directly at them. I'm not sure, but it may have just been a politeness thing on the interviewers' parts if they didn't write while you were still making eye contact with them.

With regards to your interview not being very conversation-like: Mine last year wasn't very conservation-like, but it turned out good for me. I got askd a whole bunch of questions, I answered them, and we had a few laughs inbetween. So I wouldn't worry if you didn't get a chance to get all chummy with your interviewers chatting about movies.

i'll buy that... maybe i'll have a good night's sleep now haha ;) .

Hey bayervillager, I'm thanking you again. Thanks for your tidbits about Queens. I think I would really like it there and in my interview the student said I could do some of my core time in Belleville which would be right up my alley.

I think my interview went well...but more based on my answers and not necessarily on each person's reaction. Community member was easier to read (or so it seemed) and then maybe student and I have no idea what the faculty person was thinking...but my fingers are crossed and I am still hopeful. Quite a bit of time still to wait...must be patient!

Thanks for all this very useful information guys!!! Yikes! I'm glad for this early warning.

I personally hate the "describe a time when...." type questions.

I hate them when they are pretty specific because you don't always think of a good example. Oh well, we shall just do what we can.

Archived