Premed 101 Forums

How'd they go?

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's like ...37%. =( =( =(

Why is it so low? AFTER interviews? And don't only like 1/3 of the applicants get interviews? So isn't that like 1/9 of people get accepted? Ok I guess 11% isn't THAT bad? (kinda is when most people who apply this cycle already know their MCAT/GPA scores)...

That's like ...37%. =( =( =(

Why is it so low? AFTER interviews? And don't only like 1/3 of the applicants get interviews? So isn't that like 1/9 of people get accepted? Ok I guess 11% isn't THAT bad? (kinda is when most people who apply this cycle already know their MCAT/GPA scores)...

Well they are not offering interviews on anything more then marks...it is you as a person who gets yourself in.

quick general question to those who went thru it or anyone with 2 cents.....did u find that u needed to know a lot about healthcare and policy....i know a fair bit from research..but how specific should my knowledge be? just a thought..thanks

I think you will be just fine.

I wonder how many people got an interview at both Western and Queen's, since their MCAT criteria were so different this year, unlike other years. And I wonder if this will impact the waitlist movement. Any thoughts?

Well I also agree that there are less people with interviews at queen's AND western. This may be good or bad. It depends on a few things.

If there are more people that have western and queen's then its possible to see less overall waitlist movement in your favor, if you are a waitlisted applicant at both schools. This is because it is likely that people get off the waitlist at like UWO, to go to queens, or people at queen's go to UWO. So If you are waitlisted at both schools, the waitlist flow ends up being neutral (Ie one person withdraws from the waitlist at queen's and that's good for you, but only to accept a spot at western, and that's bad for you.)

However when there are less seats shared then it could be either good or neutral for people with both Queen's and UWO

I did, and I have a friend who also did! :) Maybe more, but I'm not 100%!

Only relevant because I think we're a reasonably random sampling, and there are probably still a number who will get both?

(I took stats a loooong time ago LOL)

haha, indeed... we are definitely a random sample. I didn't... thus we can conclude... 2:1 margin of people who are also interviewing at western :P

also remember that there might be less overlap with western but there might be more overlap now with toronto seeing as 9's are the same for mcat cut-off (except the WS of course). Its hard to predict what'll happen this year with so many things to consider like dbl cohort gone, multiple mcat sittings, tough time getting mcat sitting seats, and changes in selection criteria. i guess the only thing you can really do is wait ... and try not to worry

also remember that there might be less overlap with western but there might be more overlap now with toronto seeing as 9's are the same for mcat cut-off (except the WS of course). Its hard to predict what'll happen this year with so many things to consider like dbl cohort gone, multiple mcat sittings, tough time getting mcat sitting seats, and changes in selection criteria. i guess the only thing you can really do is wait ... and try not to worry

LOL, says the guy who told me on MSN "I did some calculations and it appears I have approximately a 97.5% chance of getting into medical school this year.":p

Archived