Premed 101 Forums

Interview Weekend

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to go to the house party! :)

I wanted to go to the dinner too, but I'm feeling really tired and should probably go nap (I did not even sleep for like an hour last night, kept waking up!).

PS... meeting all these p101ers at events has been awesome :P, as one non-p101er Queen's student said "are you guys a cult or something???"

I'm totally in love with Queen's now, the wait until May 15 is going to be a painful one.

Is anyone going to the dinner at Megalos restaurant in... an hour or so? I'm wavering - is it free? :P

No, I'm pretty sure it's not free. I've been told the restaurant is nice, though.

I'm going, but probably later, closer to 7-7:30. Kind of tired, only slept 4 hours both last night and the night before. I'm waiting to see if my p101 hotel roommate gets here early enough to go with me.

Lost i take it you didnt show up today! but I hope we get to meet you in person tomorrow!

Aww, I wanted to meet you guys too, but I'm coming tomorrow. Hopefully in August *crosses fingers*. Good luck everyone! (too bad I lost my lucky ring...must not think of...as..bad...omen)

I guess I'll be seeing you later, Law. I actually have my interview tomorrow morning, so I can't stay for too long. I think that going to a relaxing event is good though, so that I'm not freaking out all night!

I definitely suggest it. I went to the bar night thing the night before my interview, and it was awesome. It just was nice to get the nerves out, talk to some med students, meet fellow applicants, etc. :)

Law's fun in person, you guys.

;) Perhaps we can do an "intepretive dance" to Miss Jackson tonight.

Aww darn, I was walking around saying PSYC_GIRL where are you! :P :p

Jochi, the party started to pick up when you left!

p.s. Queen's is SO AWESOME! I love it so much. If you guys haven't, I highly encourage you to go out to as many events as possible. You get to learn a lot and get a feel for the student body (which totally rocks, class of 2011 has definitely sold me on their school). :P

So i totally sucked. They were so friendly and nice and said good job and that was excellent but it kinda sucks that we just never really know. I think some questions I didnt answer properly and I didn't have a response for one question and spoke really abstractly for a question or two. Others went great. I hate this app process

So i totally sucked. They were so friendly and nice and said good job and that was excellent but it kinda sucks that we just never really know. I think some questions I didnt answer properly and I didn't have a response for one question and spoke really abstractly for a question or two. Others went great. I hate this app process

Try not to think about it too much (brutal I know), but you really can never tell.

I think i was the only one who didnt have a conversational interview. I think it was just one of the 3, that really, really, pressed, pressed and pressed.

I've heard quite a few others say the same thing about their interviewers, so I don't think you should worry about it too much. It was just the interviewers way of interviewing people, and not anything about you specifically.

Aww, it's okay, I feel kinda the same way :confused:

Like they were conversational....so I guess I shouldn't complain about that. But the first question threw me off SO much...and I didn't get some of the "given" type of traditional questions I would have thought. Lots of really really really random questions I felt. Basically my prep = useless. And they kind of tricked me at one point because it seemed like the interview was over, then they suddenly started asking questions again and I was like :confused: :confused: :confused: .

Anyhow, I think I was WAY too "happy" during the interview. To prevent myself from getting nervous, I probably acted like some excited little kid and not the "mature" type of applicant they are looking for =(

i know what u mean when u think u did well..but u never know if they liked u or not....top notch school...the first years are awesome...i went to megalos and the party for a bit...Jochi who were you there haha

Hey, I didn't go to Megalos, I was at the party from about 9:45 to 10:15-10:30. I wore a black/white print knee-length dress and a white blazer.

hahah funny story...i felt like i should say something but i secretly just wanted to get hte hell out..so i said i feel like i conveyed myself accurately through my statmements and ur questions...so there's not much to add other than thanking you for making this a very easy going expereince

Archived