Premed 101 Forums

Interview Weekend

hahah funny story...i felt like i should say something but i secretly just wanted to get hte hell out..so i said i feel like i conveyed myself accurately through my statmements and ur questions...so there's not much to add other than thanking you for making this a very easy going expereince

I had a similiar experience - I kinda wanted to leave... I thought it went OK, but I guess I just kinda wanted to be done... i said something similiar to kaysersoze, did the thanks dealio and took off...when i was walking down the hall I was thinking to myself, damn i shoulda said something memorable at the end... meh...

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mine was weird... they asked the 6 Q's, then asked me if i ahd any Q's (I did). The discussion of my Q's went on for a while.... and then they started asking me new Q's again.

I wonder if we had the same interviewers...maybe that's their style. Same thing happened to me. I thought they were genuiely interested in my second set of q's, but now I think it's a tactic they are using to make you think they're done...

Alastriss, I made a bit of a closing statement at mine. Just something I wanted to talk about a bit, felt it was pretty relevant to me.

did they ask give the cahce to make a closing statement? like did theyt say soemthing like do you ahve anything else you want to tell us?

SIX weeks. The worst thing is, everyone gets waitlisted... what an awful summer that must be. :P

Im starting to think that the waitlist at queen's moves a lot more than just the offers that are sent out in the end. I think the fact that people drop out of the waitlist is a LOT more significant than we think. I dunno..just a hunch.

Are you sure the first 100 are offers? I thought they usually give out like 10 more or something because every year, there's bound to be AT LEAST that amount of people rejecting...?

I would think that they'd wait before people actually do give up their spot before sending out additional invites. I'm not sure about Ontario, but I know in Quebec the number of spots is very tightly controlled by the government. The schools can't even add one extra spot - unless they borrow it from another school (or something like that). Either way, I can't see them sending out more invites than spots automatically.

I would think that they'd wait before people actually do give up their spot before sending out additional invites. I'm not sure about Ontario, but I know in Quebec the number of spots is very tightly controlled by the government. The schools can't even add one extra spot - unless they borrow it from another school (or something like that). Either way, I can't see them sending out more invites than spots automatically.

I don't think anyone really knows. A few people told me they send a few more offers than 100 at the start, others said just 100 offers.

The second day is already better I feel. It's still torturing me and I keep thinking of more and more stupid things I said/did, but school is wearing me out and making me forget a bit. But yeah, I honestly can't believe I said the stupid things I did....*smacks head*

Gah, I feel the same way too. The more I think about it, the more I overanalyze and stupider I feel! grrr lol

Hey guys!

I thought everyone got waitlisted at Queen's too, but I looked at last year's thread on May 15 and it looks like a bunch of people got rejected. This was an exceptionally annoying activity, so I thought I would post before other people wasted their time doing so also :) But in summary...I think they do reject people!

Hey guys!

I thought everyone got waitlisted at Queen's too, but I looked at last year's thread on May 15 and it looks like a bunch of people got rejected. This was an exceptionally annoying activity, so I thought I would post before other people wasted their time doing so also :) But in summary...I think they do reject people!

Ahahaha, Ellie you're great.

Lol I suppose that makes us feel a bit better? To not be rejected? Because despite you knowing about your chance realistically, it's always not nice to receive a rejection letter =P

But whereas before if you got on the waiting list, you'll be like, "There is hope!" and now if you get on it, it's more like "Oh great, I'm 'special' just like everyone else who also did not get rejected and also got on the waiting list". Ahaha...

Archived