Premed 101 Forums

puck this wait!

I start a week long vacation in 1 hour!!! Glad I don't have to study for the MCAT the entire week. Looking at the glass half full; at least we can enjoy the beautiful weather and not have to crack any books!

It is a beautiful day ;)

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yaaa...awesome...I wonder which genius came up with this system this year. The great minds of manitoba at work right here ladies n gents. I know a doc who came from overseas and got licensed in manitoba a long time ago..and according to him the uofm has a steady record of comming up with ridiculous **** like this...and the mmi. Yes, mmi is uofm's doing from yrs ago.

Yaaa...awesome...I wonder which genius came up with this system this year. The great minds of manitoba at work right here ladies n gents. I know a doc who came from overseas and got licensed in manitoba a long time ago..and according to him the uofm has a steady record of comming up with ridiculous **** like this...and the mmi. Yes, mmi is uofm's doing from yrs ago.

Didn't the MMI come out of McMaster? And what's wrong with the MMI?

The very earliest form of mmi style testing started at the uofm a long time ago.

Incorrect. The MMI is modeled after the OSCE which originated at the University of Dundee in the UK. The OSCE has been adapted by many faculties and universities around the world.

I would love to get the name of who's bright idea this was. Yea, tired of waiting.

Dr.Aoki. Go nuts. Don't forget to mention your name and that you're currently waiting for admission this year.

Please stop trolling.

Incorrect. The MMI is modeled after the OSCE which originated at the University of Dundee in the UK. The OSCE has been adapted by many faculties and universities around the world.

Dr.Aoki. Go nuts. Don't forget to mention your name and that you're currently waiting for admission this year.

Please stop trolling.

Great google work, prik. While ur at it did I spell anything incorrectly? So aoki's responsible for all this waiting? Fantastic.

Great google work, prik. While ur at it did I spell anything incorrectly? So aoki's responsible for all this waiting? Fantastic.

All I can say is chill out man. I'm pretty sure the people at the university are working as hard as they can to make sure the right people get in, and I'd like to see you do a better job.

Btw if it was just Google, why couldn't you find that out for yourself?

Google? Pubmed actually. If you ever get into Medicine, you will have to get used to it.

I would love to get the name of who's bright idea this was.

Spelling? "Who's" is incorrect, it be "whose"

Sure, Dr.Aoki.

The wait is making everyone tense. That's 100% understandable, and it's fine to grumble and complain. However, the outright flaming and cheap shots at the school and its students are insulting and unacceptable.

So please take a breather. Remember that it may be your future colleagues and educational institution you're insulting. No one wants any enemies before classes have even begun!

agree with above. You guys are whining about having to wait an extra few days to get yourself a guaranteed $300k+ job? Give me a break, U of M owes you nothing and you should be glad they even let you have the opportunity to apply. Your whining posts are a reflection of your immaturity and once U of M hands you your rejection, you can read over your own posts on this thread as an explanation as to why you never got in.

Please stop trolling.

The wait is making everyone tense. That's 100% understandable, and it's fine to grumble and complain. However, the outright flaming and cheap shots at the school and its students are insulting and unacceptable.

So please take a breather. Remember that it may be your future colleagues and educational institution you're insulting. No one wants any enemies before classes have even begun!

agree with above. You guys are whining about having to wait an extra few days to get yourself a guaranteed $300k+ job? Give me a break, U of M owes you nothing and you should be glad they even let you have the opportunity to apply. Your whining posts are a reflection of your immaturity and once U of M hands you your rejection, you can read over your own posts on this thread as an explanation as to why you never got in.

Well said.

Rahrah.

(10 characters)

I'm not trying to start a pissing contest since my past (joking) posts were taken 375957X too seriously, but this post is just as immature as those bashing the school, and I'd probably say moreso. The reality is, most of us are just sitting here trying to figure out what we're going to do with our futures, which isn't fun. Compound that with the fact that Manitoba has told us no less than 3 times that they'd send us info on a certain date and failed to do so. I'm certain that Manitoba is a great school with excellent faculty and students, but their actions have been unprofessional and unacceptable. It's not even the wait for me, it's the "yeah for sure Friday! Check your e-mails" statement we get every week that's probably bothering most of us

Google? Pubmed actually. If you ever get into Medicine, you will have to get used to it.

Spelling? "Who's" is incorrect, it be "whose"

Sure, Dr.Aoki.

Lol..look at this..."If u ever get into medicine". Fyi wiseguy, I have acceptances at 3 schools here in the states. But I'm not a fan of the weather or 'atmosphere' in those cities. Winnipeg is home..and I hope to run into u, freedom.

Lol..look at this..."If u ever get into medicine". Fyi wiseguy, I have acceptances at 3 schools here in the states. But I'm not a fan of the weather or 'atmosphere' in those cities. Winnipeg is home..and I hope to run into u, freedom.

I don't know who you are, but with your attitude I really hope you're not in my class.

Then why did you apply there?

For sure! I'll be involved in O-week and Icebowl, so you'll run into me if you do get accepted here.

3 med schools? That's pretty good! Cheers!

Archived