Premed 101 Forums

puck this wait!

It might not all be figured out quite yet. They could still be entering marks and recalculating AGPAs for applicants who just finished an academic term... When was the deadline for final transcripts?

The final deadline for transcripts is May 15 which is also the day which acceptance e-mails for the first round come out.

Source: http://www.umanitoba.ca/student/admissions/media/medicine.pdf

May 15, 2009

Initial offers of admission

May 15, 2009

Deadline for receipt of final transcripts. These transcripts may be unofficial

(faxed) or incomplete, if not all grades have been posted by the home

institution. All students enrolled in courses during the 06/07 academic year

must submit a final or interim transcript at this time.

late May to early June

Faculty mails letters conveying their decision to offer, waitlist or not accept

candidates.

June 30, 2009

Deadline for submission of final and official university transcripts and other

documentation requested by the Admissions Office.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are they sending out emails on friday, or are we waiting by the mail boxes like a bunch of chumps?

Secondly, someone made a point about the last 1/3 being predominately rural students. Is there any credit to this, or just a rumor?

So.... last year they sent emails for the June notifications, right? What time did they get sent? I'd like to have a general sense of when the email might come (if it's coming) so I don't spend all day by the computer having my heart skip a beat each time a new message shows up in my inbox. (Like I won't anyways...)

So.... last year they sent emails for the June notifications, right? What time did they get sent? I'd like to have a general sense of when the email might come (if it's coming) so I don't spend all day by the computer having my heart skip a beat each time a new message shows up in my inbox. (Like I won't anyways...)

i was one of the June acceptances. i just checked my inbox and it says it was sent on 06-04-2008 6:08:09 PM. i REALLY wouldn't stress out about it. i was deathly sick that day and wasn't expecting anything, much less an acceptance via e-mail. if it's meant to happen for you, it'll happen..

:D

Congrats switcheroo! (and to anyone else who's just been too busy jumping up and down to post!)

and Good luck to those of you still waiting!!

Be sure to post stats in the sticky... but please keep the sticky for stats only... less cleanup later :)

Got a semi-personalized letter at 8:45 this morning. Pretty much a standard form letter, with specific information (my stats and how they compared to the rest of my class) included as well.

Good luck to those waiting to hear!

Did other people get the email at the exact same time? Or do you think they are sending them out over the course of the day?

also, what does it mean if you dn't receive an email within the next few days, rejection, waitlist? I wish they would send out an email like queens explaining the situation.

i am oop

i was told that 2/3 of the acceptances come out today

1/3 acceptances, rejections and waitlists come out in June so just wait if you got nothing

but it doesnt seem like enough people posted for 2/3 to have come out already (obviously not everyone but a higher proportion should have) so maybe tuesday more come

thoughts?

i am oop

i was told that 2/3 of the acceptances come out today

1/3 acceptances, rejections and waitlists come out in June so just wait if you got nothing

but it doesnt seem like enough people posted for 2/3 to have come out already (obviously not everyone but a higher proportion should have) so maybe tuesday more come

thoughts?

I was thinking the same thing...

It was convocation for the UManitoba Faculty of Medicine yesterday, and the dean's office was closed pretty much all day. I wonder if this maybe threw a kink in getting the offers of admission out? (Just guessing)

Archived