Premed 101 Forums

Interview Notification

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
Hey guys, spoke to Faculty this week, and interview invites won't be out until at least mid-Feb since interviews are later now.

Expect something b/w the 2nd and 3rd week of Feb. Good luck to everyone.

How late for the interviews? All the website says is "in March." Last time it was March 15-16, I think. Are we going into April now?:confused:

March 14 and 15 are listed as interview dates on the U of A website. I called U of A regarding a transcript of mine, and maybe I misheard, but I thought she said interview notifications go out the third week of February. This seems a little late, especially for us OOPs. Has anyone heard anything else?

who knows...they could just say the end of feb so people stop bugging them about it and if they send them before then it will be a SURPRISE!!!

I would hope that they would invite OOP's earlier so we have time to book flights but really...med school is going to be like 40 times more expensive than your flight (per year) so in the grand scheme of things it's peanuts...even if you have to pay an extra 1 or 200 dollars for the last minute booki:o Just be glad you get an interview at all..even if you only get the notification 2 weeks before:)

does alberta usually have a cutoff for gpa and mcat (i.e. for subsections or for average?)... if so what are they for OOP

also do rejections and invitations both go out at the same time via email?

I don't think they have specific cutoffs (except, of course, the minimum cutoffs for eligibility). They don't send out pre-interview rejections, if I remember correctly - you just get the letter after May 15th. It makes for a very unpleasant couple of days if they are gonna do the same thing as they did last year, where they sent out invites over 3 days - I didn't get mine till the 3rd day!

I don't think they have specific cutoffs (except, of course, the minimum cutoffs for eligibility). They don't send out pre-interview rejections, if I remember correctly - you just get the letter after May 15th. It makes for a very unpleasant couple of days if they are gonna do the same thing as they did last year, where they sent out invites over 3 days - I didn't get mine till the 3rd day!

oh wow thats brutal

I wonder what is taking Alberta and Toronto so long with sending interview invites :(

oh wow thats brutal

I wonder what is taking Alberta and Toronto so long with sending interview invites :(

I wonder if the surge in the # of applicants is a factor.

Wasn't last year's app deadline for U of A November 15, too? If I'm right in regards to that, then they are giving themselves an entire extra month to make interview decisions....

Archived